Psychotherapy treatment for Anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone been sucessful with doing this to help/overcome Anxiety, Panic Attacks and Depression

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am seeing my therapist again, and I find it to be helpful. My family have been very supportive of me with recent anxiety problems, but I find it's helpful to discuss it with someone who isn't a relative or spouse.

• Posted

theres not really any way to "overcome" anxiety etc, it doesnt quite work like that - its a normal part of life.  There are ways to accept and learn to live with these problems, and psychotherapy is about the most successful way to do that.  It does take work though, and it does take time - but it is very affective

• Posted

Fingers crossed. Had one experience with a Councillor before and it wasnt a good one so fingers crossed
    • Posted

a councillor is not at all the same as a therapist, they dont have anywhere near the same level or experience of training.  But councillor or therapist - yes you get good ones and bad ones, they are human too and sometimes they arent very good ones.  Its rarer than in other jobs, but yes they can be bad as well as good
    • Posted

That's what I was told by the lady I am going to tomorrow you pay more money because your getting more in return re experience etc. 

The previous lady kept trying to persuade me I was suicidal and kept asking was I even though I told her no. It was strange

• Posted

yes councillors often have zero mental health qualifications, a therapist is much more qualified and professional

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.