Ptsd & anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I suffer really bad ptsd n anxiety Iv had a change in meds was taking valdoxan and went out of control I'm now on 40 mg of lovan .. been in n 20 mg for 3 weeks just so started 40mg im feeling really sad n horrible thoughts can any one tell me how long until the 40 mg will make me feel better 😰

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Libby

Normally they take between 4 to 5 weeks to start to improve the condition but the Drs normally would start you on a higher doze if your changing meds as one works out the system the other should take effect so if your struggling go black to the Drs is the best thing I would say they may try to settle you with diazepam maybe twice a day as a tempory messure of course I suspose a lot of it comes down to metabolism it depends if you have a fast or slow one your doctor would definitely know best in this situation

Try to stay relaxed Hun x

Thinking of you mike

• Posted

Hi and thank you he gave me valuim and said to only use if I needed but I rang him today and he has said to take the 5mg twice a day so I'm going to take every day as I'm scared of my thoughts n having panic attacks as I suffered heart attack 14 months ago had 2 stents put in and I don't want to end up in hospital with panic attack and them think it's my heart as they air lifted me once before after heart attack thinking I was having another one and was panic attack so I'm going to stay on valuim as I' hate how. Feel my thoughts and the struggle to wake up n face the day and hope the lovan kick in as the valdoxan was horrible.. thank you for your help

• Posted

Anytime Libby

Everyone here wants to help you so if you crash jump on here and someone will hold your hand through it your going to be fine your in the best hands here ever loads of good people all wanting to help each other though it's like a nice community here

• Posted

Thank you as your advise was great as I wasn't taking valuim as doc did say only when needed but when he found out how paranoid and horrible thoughts Im having my Aunty rang him and he said to have the 2 a day ..I'm hoping when lovan kick in I can go out side and not live in fear of leaving the house ..a lot of people who don't understand and say you need to get out ..I get angry because I can't and think you don't no how you feel.. so thanks for being here for me I needed it ..

• Posted

Glad it helped you ever need anything again you don't hesitate to get on here x

Good luck Hun

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.