Ptu

Posted , 4 users are following.

What are PTUs??

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

candice55574

ould you PM me. Icaannot PM because y computer will not allow this.

I can send you a link.This website does not allow us to post links.

I do not know what PTU's are either.

Kind regards

Jean 

• Posted

Propylthiouracil .PTU

Medication for hyperthyroidism or Graves disease

• Posted

Hi margaret06247

Please can you help me?

I feel desperate thanks to an endo surgeon I saw on Friday June 12 2015.

I was told that despite having a multinodular goitre and TSH of only 0.16 she was not even pepared to do an utra sound scan or bipopsy to exclude thyroid cancer llet alone treat the hyperthyridism. I jguess I will have to resign myself to suffering until I am released from thiis rotten situation.

Jean

• Posted

Hi Jean

looks like you need to see an endocrinologist. Why are you seeing an endocrine surgeon?

have you had a previous ultrasound to show multi nodular goiter?

Who did your blood count? The surgeon?

You need an endocrinologist to find out if you have Graves or if this is from a toxic multi nodular goiter. Your endo should do an ultrasound, biopsy if needed and uptake to see if the nodules are hot or cold or if this is thyroiditis.

what were your FT3 and FT4 levels? Your TSH is low which shows hyperthyroidism so thet should be giving you carbimazole or PTU (Propylthiouracil) and Propranolol (Beta Blocker) if needed.

are you feeling nervous, anxiety, jittery, tremor and rapid pulse?

See your GP with your results.

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

My GP referred me to the endo surgeon after receiving a copy of the CTPA which was done to exclude a pulmonary embolism and which showed a multinodular goitre as an incidental finding.

The TSH was 0.17, T4 16.5 and TPOA less than 33. T3 was not done.

The eye hospital that I had attended due to a throbbing pain in my right eye and dry eyes did the thyroid blood tests after I told the dr there that the CTPA scan done the week before had shown a multinodular goitre as an incidental finding. he was able to access the scan report bcause it was the same Trust and therefore on their computer system.

I have and still do feel extremely nerbous, jittery, anxious and have had a tremor.

I believe that this endo surgeon took advantage of my apparent vulb eralbility for reasons best known to herself.

Psychopaths do exist everywhere esp in the medical profession.

Jean

• Posted

PTU is propylthiouracil - an anti thyroid medication to treat hyperthyroidism. There are 2 medications to treat hyperthyroidism, either carbimazole (in UK) or propylthiouracil. I believe carbimazole is called methimazole (in USA)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.