Puffy leg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I am now 15 weeks on. Everything, relatively "fine".

Except I now have started my regular "life"

Excersises on the bed before getting up, then on my legs all day apart from dinner, coffee breaks. My knee is coping apart from stiffness at times and some aches and pains.

But I'm outside at work wearing ankle boots or loose socks in wellingtons and by the end of the day my leg has a swelling that stops just before my ankle looking rather strange as if Iv had a tight band around it.

Any ideas, is this normal. Am I doing too much.

But I have to work !!!

Oh dear, just needed a moan, resting my legs, got them up, feeling sorry for myself ,

All comments gratefully received.

Sue x

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi susan im wondering what you work at ?  wellington boots  would have no support to your foot and they are very tiring so id say that could be the problem
  • Posted

Hi sue is the mark where your socks start??? It sounds like fluid. Just try elevating your leg as much as poss when your home and try drink more water x
  • Posted

Hi Linda & Andrea

sorry it's a late reply, but I think you had it right,   This week I have tried to work out causes.

i have cut the tops off my socks until I can get to the shops for some of those sport socks.

i have a small holding, and then go on to work, garden centre, and also do outdoor sales in antique collectables.    Not to forget family and grandchildren.

so life is socks and boots !!

i am being very careful to try and make sure I don't have any ridges as much as possible and drinking water as any pressure seems to leave an indentation on my leg.

thanks sue x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.