Pulled muscle

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, 6 weeks on and all is going good, the biggest problem i have is i kerp pulling the muscle in the back of my op leg on the calf, its absolutely doing my head in, i can walk around and do just about anything with no pain (well nothing i cant handle) in my knee, but just cant stop this prob, going to see the doctor next week so will ask him, just wondered if anyone else has this problem, thank you all

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Possible just part of the recovery process but good idea to get it checked. I have pain behind knee at eight weeks which is related to stretching the leg out straight but may be different to what you have
    • Posted

Yes i think i did read somewhere that it does happen but cant find were it was i read it, lol, i will find out what the doctor has to say and put the answer in here incase someone else is having the same thing
    • Posted

Yes i do try to stretch it before i go out anywhere, its just a silly thing that ya dont need when trying to get back fit
  • Posted

It may be that you are walking differently (different gait) since your surgery. Puts a strain on the opposite leg
    • Posted

Have to admit upto the muscle going i was walking fine with no problems, but now like you say, its just slightly getting better but because im sort of nursing it my other leg is hurting and also my back.......cant get it right at the moment, lol
    • Posted

Might need a little physical therapy to diagnose and treat the problem
  • Posted

Voltaren Gel (RX in the US).  Second-best topical anti-inflammatory on the planet.  Will help you a lot.

Remember that the muscles down the back of your leg (hamstring group) and your calf are all very, very tight.  You may be doing something to aggravate them more than normal.  Stretching these muscles back out is a long process.  Very slow advances.  Stay strong and get the Voltaren!!! 

• Posted

Cant imagine what im doing if i am agravating it, im trying to be so carefull, but i will try the voltaren good idea and thankyou
    • Posted

At one point during rehab my good leg started cramping in the calf. I was afraid it was going to buckle and I would fall. It felt like a charlie horse kind of cramp but didn't go away when I stood up. Turns out that I was low on potassium. The folks at rehab said it was pretty common and a blood test confirmed it. Whatever you do don't let yourself get low in potassium. There are lots of potassium rich foods to supplement your diet. If you need iv potassium it is intollerable. It feels like your veins are burning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.