Question about allergies and post nasal drip

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion
Mmagot

So I just moved from Chicago to Tampa in the last 3 months and everything has been decent except for the last couple weeks. I have had constant drip for the last 3 years though and it's so much worse in the spring. My question is I tried azelestin spray and it has dried up the drip almost 100% but now my throats is so raw and hurts. Is this normal? Is my throat just sore cause there's no drip on it now or is the medicine screwing my throat up?

I ask that because I tried it earlier this week also and over night my throats went raw as ever and a little in pain so I stopped the spray and it went back to drippy and mucuesy. So tried it again last night since I hate the drip since it makes me cough and gag sometimes (hate spring time).

Over all is my throat being raw due to the medicine drying up the drip and my throats is now raw since there is no drip on it? Should I continue using the spray? Will it eventually clear up? When I stopped it the first time after two days my drip was even worse and I don't want to go back to it if I don't have too.

Thank you.

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Morning Mmagot,  It sounds as though you are suffering allergies.  Is the medication you're taking from you doctor or over the counter.  If you are buying it yourself, don't as this coule be causing your throat problem.  You will prpbably need a steroid based nasal spray.  I'm in England so meds are probably called a different name.  I use Flixonase Aqueous Nasal spray and take a Citrizine antihistamine every day too.  Spring and Autumn are my worst months.  Glad you aren't suffering ETD (Eustachian Tube Dyfunction) due to allergies like the rest of us on this Forum, as it's the most awful thing !!  You may also be suffering with sinus issues too.  I suffer Post Nasal Drip, which is horrible.  Speak to your doctor, if you already haven't and see what else you can be given.  Do you suffer blocked nose ? as some decongestant sprays can make our throats feel raw.

All the best in finding a remedy

Anne

• Posted

We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New Discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.