Question about displaced clailvicle fracture ...

Posted , 1 user is following.

i had a bike accident yesterday and went to the ER, where they diagnosed "closed clavicle fracture" they sent me home saying to follow up with ortho and that likely surgery wasnt needed.i called to make ortho appt and they said they can't see me until Friday, 5 days later. i followed up with the ER and they said it was a closed fracture and displaced. Now I freaking out a bit... do all displaced clavicles require surgery? they send me home and did not seem too concerned that I would need it... but still. i know only the ortho can confirm, but does displaced automatically mean surgery?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.