Question About Gabapentin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I wasn't sure where to place it.

I was prescribed Gabapentin for anxiety & I've taken 100mg twice so far, one yesterday & one today. I want to stop taking it but I'm concerned about withdrawals.

Can anyone please tell me if it's ok to stop this medication after two days? Sorry if it's a stupid question lol.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi I think that you can stop any medication but best to contact your doctor for guidance.

May I ask you why you wish to stop taking it?

​Jane xx

• Posted

Thank you for replying. smile

Honestly, I just don't like the medication. It seems to be making problems that I already had, worse. 

• Posted

I took it and it caused severe depression so my  neurologist discontinued it.

It has a halk life of 150 hours I think. I would check about withdrawing from it with your dr or the prescriber to be on the safe side..

• Posted

HI, did you stop the Gabapentin and may I ask why? Everyone is different I want to try it agan but like you 1oomg a day for 2 wks

I am not happy with the caspule the chemist gave me as it has SLS in it - a chemicall found in cosmetics

Take care

• Posted

Hi

What on earth is sls? Is it a new addition to Gabapentin? If so it explains a lot . What brand were you given?

Hope to hear from you soon. Many thanks for this valuable info

• Posted

If this is to me ( which I think it is but sorry if it's not! ) I did stop taking the medicine. I stopped taking it because it seemed to make my pain worse. I Googled this & it seems like I'm not the only one who had this problem with Gabapentin. 

I stopped taking it early so my body couldn't get too dependent on it before possibly quitting because I know it would've been 10,000 times more terrible. 

What is SLS?

Thank you, you too smile <3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.