Skip to content
Guest Guest

Question about sepsis

Hi Everyone,

I feel silly to ask this but I have to or I won’t be able to sleep and constantly worry about it.

I had my gallbladder removed the 26th. I went back for my follow up today and the surgeon said my belly button incision is a little red. He prescribed me cephalexin for a week. I take it 3x’s a day and have taken two so far today. I will do a full day tomorrow since it’s 1030pm and I took one at 830.

I’ve noticed that the incision is starting to hurt a more which it hasn't hurt since the first 2 days after surgery. There is drainage but the drainage looks clear to me. 

Anyways, my surgeon saw it and didn’t seem concerned. I haven’t had a fever or chills but I’ve felt kind of crappy. I go back after the week of antibiotics is done. 

But I am freaking out about sepsis. I’m a bit of a hypochondriac and once I start worrying about something my mind obsesses over it for a while. When does sepsis usually set in? I know I sound absolutely nuts but it’s the way my mind works. So please no rude comments or judgements. 

Thanks Everyone 

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.