Question about Taking meds at same time

Posted , 3 users are following.

This might be a silly questions so bear with me.

I've been advised that it's best to take my anti-thyroid meds at the same time every single day for it to be most effective. I currently take it every night at 8:15pm (eastern time), but I'll be travelling to Las Vegas then to Dublin Ireland in a few months. I guess I can manage the time difference in Vegas as I'd only have to take it 3 hours earlier but once I'm in Dublin, it'd be 1:15am and there's no way I'd wake up at that time just to take my meds.

Any advice? whats the best way to deal with meds and different time zone? Or it doesn't really matter?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cecelo, frankly, I dont think disrupting your schedule re your anti - thyroid meds for  a limited time will have a real impact, I have had to do that several times, when travelling, and that included also skipping them for a day or two ( not more ) without any sort of effect on my thyroid values. See how you can adapt as best as you can,but I woudlnt be too concerned by this issue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.