Question about test

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am in the midst of been diagnosed I have done so many blood tests for extreme fatigue some weight loss (I am underweight) palpitations extreme loss of hair pain in the bones / muscles just to name a few. I asked for thyroid panel test my doctor doesn't seem concerned with results, can you please take a look and see if you recognize numbers like this in hyper?

Tsh 0.95

T3 1

Free t4 2.09

I was hoping for a hyperthyroidism diagnosis because I can't go on like living like this! Doc said out of compassion that if I wanted I could see a endo.

What do you think of the values? I know they are not that out but but I still have symptoms even with these values? Any answer would b appreciate it!!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sorry free t 4 is 2.12
    • Posted

If this is UK results you are severely hypothyroid. 😞

• Posted

They said maybe hyper? My endo appointment just came in mail : 30 September...say whaaat??
    • Posted

Blimey!! Yeah I had to wait 6 mths to see the endo then even then only got to see the registrar ugh! Although he was very nice!
    • Posted

6 months is crazy. I had to wait 3 months and complained about that too. Then I saw an Endo who I don't even like. My co-pay is very high this year and he did an ultrasound right there in the office and charged a lot!!  So I had a copay with that too and all blood tests. I'm supposed to see him for a recheck on April 24th and considering cancelling as I don't like him and can't afford him. 

I'm in USA too Lidia. I can't find many Endos that even accept my insurance, so this is a no-win for me other than asking my PCP, whom I love, to take over. 

• Posted

I am actually an Italian living here in the States because I married an American, can I say that I HATE American insurance bs???? With my insurance it's limited who I see too, I hate this health system!!!

• Posted

Hi lidia1972, most test results include the measuring  units and the normal range.

For example: Free T4 61 pmol/L [10-20] or TSH 0.03 miu/L [0.2 -6]. 

Could you add that information? Otherwise it is difficult to comment on your results as different labs may use different units. 

• Posted

Your TSH is within normal range, T4 elevated but borderline hyper, T3 low suggest hypo. IN general from Dr perspectvie it's normal. Your numbers looks OK.  Butif you suggest otherwise please get reffered to an endo.  Most Dr and endo goes by numbers if within range they wont do anything.  I found this out since my last endo moved to Japan and was left with mediocre dr and goes by numbers and not symptoms.  My TSh got 2.2 and i was gaining weight as ussual then the Dr just tells your level is within range keep your dosage.  Luckily I found my TSH sweet spot.  If I go <1.0 im hyper and >2.0 im hypo and gains weight more than ussual....  You know your body than anyone else so up to you.  

• Posted

Thank you for your kind tesponse, I have no idea if whatever I am going through it's actually thyroid or what! I never felt this way! Could little out of range numbers create such havoc in your body??

• Posted

Your TSH is normal range but .95 is borderline hyper.... 
    • Posted

She said the free t4 was a little high, what does it mean?
  • Posted

Hi Lidia, I am Italian living in the U.K. thou! Health system indeed better here, although the queue to see an endocrinologist is endless due to so many people having diabetes, so I go privately with my insurance.

WRT to bloods, do you have the ranges? They are different here in the U.K.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.