• Posted

I'm cosntantly in the bathroom.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes.  I have GERD,

lynda

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with CFS, and suffer with anxiety since, also ended up with IBS!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have been on Gastro capsules prescribed by the doctor for general indigestion for the last 20 months but my food intolerance has got alot worse over the last few weeks with having more stomach cramps and diarrheoa and feeling wheezy and tight chested. Have not mentioned it to the doctor as he will probably think it's all in my mind. Had a bad attack again this evening. Just hate feeling like this and not being in control of my anxiety. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My doc wants me to take pepcid ac first to see how it works, but I'm afraid to take any type of pills. I have also grown intolerant to a lot of foods (some of my favorite too). I now try to avoid eating at all, but then I lose energy and/or get dizzy and when I feel like this I then have to actually eat, which makes me burp a lot. The gas sits on my chest and this builds my anxiety because I believe there's something wrong my heart. So I then turn to not eating (again). And the cycle never ends.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

We obviously share the same sort of feelings, I have a heart murmur and have an appointment to see the cardiologist at the end of this month. Had a heart scan January 14 which seemed ok but thats when my anxiety started to take over my life. Have had panic attacks for nearly 30 years after my eldest child was born but could cope with these better than the anxiety ones. Basically I'm afraid I'm going to die with a heart attack. Looking frantically for answers on why I feel like this and eating sometimes makes me feel worse. Can't see any light beyond the tunnel 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you all who answered I just wanted to see if I was the only one. I think my anxiety started last year when my dad had his stroke. But I think it was amplified this year due to my IBS and GERD
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yeah I have ibs an unfortunately I've built up a tolerance to the loparamide I take for it.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Gerdand TMJ
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Shar:  I have a terrible case of IBS and Gerd....my stomach is in termoil all the time.  I take Nexium and lots of antacids to try to combat it..You are not alone, sweetie...
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Shar ..

Yes I suffered from IBS until my anxiety was dealt with ..

I had to change my diet and I had to plan what I was eating before I planned going anywhere as I had very bad cramps with the diarrhoea .

But when my anxiety /panic attacks became under control IBS got better ..

I still have the odd upset but nothing I can't deal with .. Yvey

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I certainly do.....Fed up of it!!! Fed up with the anxiety ......Just fed up ....xxxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I remember when I was younger probably 5-6 years ago my anxiety was bad and I would sleep in my parents bedroom on the floor because of how bad it was. I started to freak out about my heart and my dad yelled at me and he said "if anything was to happen it would have happened already." idk why but this put me and my mind in the right place and I stopped worrying. He had a stroke last year and is disabled so he can't tell me that anymore. Now my anxiety is out of whack. One day I'm fine and then the next I'm hysterical. Anyways my point being I too am Fed up. I never thought it would come back, but it just sneaks up on you. I feel as though I can't live normal anymore and I really, desperately want to go back to how things were. All we can do is hope and try to break this cycle of irrational thinking.

*hugs*

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I keep it to myself because I'm embarrass to tell people. Husband not sympathic either so makes it more harder. Can't see it ever getting better. sad 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Please don't lose hope. Hope is the one string we have to hold onto with all our strength. Is there a trusted friend or sibling you could turn to? My mom and my sister can't stand how I act because of my anxiety. My mom always says that I'm doing this to myself and she's gives me a weird attitude about it. And my sister is repeatedly telling me that it's all in my mind and that I control it. It disappoints me that no matter how much I try to educate them on my problem they don't wanna hear it. One day I was having a bad day and I asked my sister if she could stay home with me just for that one day (she's always running off with her boyfridn) and she told me "look I don't have time to take care of you. I just can't help you." I was hurt to know that a simple request was a big deal for her. Just her company would have helped me, but she didn't care. So I understand not having the people who are close to you be sympathetic towards you.

You really need to talk to your husband (not saying that you event tried). And try to teach him. You should never feel embarrass of what's real. And this is a real situation. Remember that we are real people on here and you took the step to tell us, so it's possible to tell others. If you 're still out of sorts of talking to people, please write every thing down in a journal. This will help because it will kind of empty your brain of everything you're trying to keep track of.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up