Question for ladies who only had a Cystocele repair.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sorry if this is a bit graphic but I'd like to find out before surgery.

I am worried that after my repair I will be left with a bigger vagina. When I push my front wall to where it should be I have a gap below my fingers. This really concerns me as I don't want to be bigger than I am now! I know Rectocele repairs can make the vagina narrower but the front wall of the vagina is attached to the pubic bone so is very different. Can anyone tell me how it was after your Cystocele repair?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I had a bladder repair done early December and don't think I am any bigger down there. 😉 no complaints from hubby
    • Posted

Did you lose you g-spot? My surgeon said it might happen. I have read somewhere that the feeling can come back within a year. X
    • Posted

I'm worried I won't be able to pee like I am before op.does the

Surgery affect the workings of the bladder barbara92xx

• Posted

Nothing bad anyway. For me frequency was an issue before op. No longer have frequency 😊
  • Posted

I was wondering that too. It will be nice to be like I was before kids😊
    • Posted

I can't remember what it was like before I had kids! It would be lovely to feel a bit more normal down there x
  • Posted

No, no, no - the surgeon is tightening it all up when doing anterior repair!! I had anterior repair & TOT sling & I sure as hell ain't looser. Tightening it up is the whole point of the surgery. You have a prolapse because things have over stretched & sagged. Surgeons have to be careful if doing A&P repair to NOT let you end up too tight. What on earth makes you think vag will be bigger? I don't think you understand the whole repair very well at all.
  • Posted

I'm hoping for a before kids vag😂😂😂😂
  • Posted

3 year ago I only had a repair at the front , it was all very tight at the start, was worried that it was too tight and would be unable to have penetrative sex but over the months it did slacken off and it was as fairly normal as before!
    • Posted

I'm hoping I won't go back to the size I am now tbh, it would be nice to be smaller. I did email my surgeon about wether I'd need a posterior repair and he said he tries to avoid 3 surgeries to different compartments so things are not too tight, hoping this means the anterior repair will make a difference! My surgery is on Thursday, I really can't wait to get it over with, I just hope everything will be ok. X
    • Posted

Usually a repair does tighten thinks up! I'm sure everything will be fine these surgeons are highly skilled and are doing these ops all the time. Let us all know how you get on!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.