Question on Uterine Embolisation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does any body have kid,kids ,single and decided to have the uterus Embolisation ?If so did you want more kids if you met some one or you thought logically ?I thought if I met some one and 3 yeas down the line though about having a baby ?but

Logically the fibro very large so if you waiting 2 or 3 years it wouldn't be safe. My fibro on my bladder .So more thinking logically then with heart especially since the person has kids already but if they didn't then it would be going with your heart because you don't have kids . Can any one in that situation giving there experience and how There procedure went ? Also what you think of what I said too ?Amanda

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda, there are a few posts on here from ladies who've had UFE, myself included.  If you can, it's worth having a read to get the different perspectives. 

I had the UFE in my early 40s and yes I was single and did want kids but I did my research and understood the UFE was not recommended if planning to have children in the future.  I went ahead with the procedure anyway because I had to do something about the heavy bleeding, and the only other option open to me was a hysterectomy.

I found a few studies on the internet which detailed successful pregnancies after UFE but most of these were in much younger women.  Have you spoken with your GP/Gyneacologist re. your concerns?  You don't say how old you are but there are other options to the UFE if you wish to preserve fertility.  e.g. Esmya to shrink the fibroids and then perhaps hysterscopic myomectomy (if that's an option)?

All the best x

• Posted

I'm 37 and I do have a daughter. I'm content 😌 with one child . I'm single and even if I met some one and was even thinking about having a baby it be another 3 years and course if he wants children but at the same time I'm content with one child . It's a very large fibro so another 3 years symptoms would get worse. Symptoms right now is bladder problem and some times discomfort.i might have to go with logic ? My fibro on top of my bladder so what ya think?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.