Questioning my meds

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on venlafaxine for quite a few years and my doctor will have seen for over 10 years has slowly increased it. Now I’m at 225mg. Tried Prozac etc. I also take 15mg of mirtazapine at night and 1mg clonazepam at night. It is almost 6:30 am  and I cannot sleep. I almost wishing for those crazy dreams that I have every night. I know people are bashing this pill and that pill and whoever did say this that it is all drugs that’s made from scientists and  everybody reacts differently to different chemicals and our brains are all different what works for one person does not work for the other. I will be seeing my doctor soon and tell them what’s going on but it is interesting to read all the comments especially the pros and cons that I have read. Especially Effexor versus other drugs. I can relate to her many of them in the sweats the crazy dreams etc. I am in my late 40s so I don’t know if it’s age or  The time of year but I have been crying for almost a whole day and I don’t know why so I took out some extra pills about an hour ago and I am still awake. I am confused and hope I can sleep soon. But I just logged onto this site and it’s interesting to hear everybody’s experiences 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi,

i take  venlafaxine i cut a 75 into 3/4 and take that, all the years of suffering stiff joint pain and extortion when out in town for 10 years  i've been taking them. i've put it all down to getting older turns out it been the venlafaxine .if i take the full 75mg im in a right state by late afternoon. i also take 15 of mirtazapine and it help to get me off to sleep but been up since 5am this morning which regularly happens, but i would rather do without sleep that have all the side effects from drugs  and nightmares, you have my sympathy if you can't sleep the night seem so long they seem endless at time. other time i enjoy them as i get time to do jobs  thanks for sharing with others

• Posted

I have taken 300 mg venlfaxine and 15 mg mirtazapine since July 2015 and I’m doing well. I do dream every night, but the dreams I have are very interesting. I do occasionally experience excessive sweating, but it’s worth it to have my life back.
  • Posted

Hey Susanna, how long have you been on mirt? I was on 15mg for 4 months, then all of a sudden it stopped working. I took it for insomnia.
    • Posted

Hi Gretel.  I take 15 mg but I only take half a pill I have been on it for many years. It was prescribed to me and as a sleep aid along with my antidepressants I take my antidepressants in the morning though but when I started taking them I found a whole pill I could hardly get up in the morning to get my daughter to school so I split it in half. The reason is because I take also a 1 mg clonazepam for restless leg syndrome as well but   I would fall asleep within a half hour of taking my meds at night and I would stay asleep for a few hours and then I’ll be up half the night but now I will be seeing my doctor shortly and I will ask him but I wish I could sleep a whole night and feel ok and refreshed in the morning but I don’t. I feel tired all the time and struggle all day. I have an awesome psychiatrist. I need to talk to him again but we agreed that this time of year is not a good time to start on new pills. Christmas, family deaths, my dad with altimerzs, issues with my now 10 year old daughters dad etc. I see him on the 25th and will give an update. Thanks for sharing. 
  • Posted

Hi susanna, 7.5mg worked a bit for me for sleep. But as far as feeling refreshed, idk. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Especially during the holidays.
    • Posted

Well I’m seeing my dr tomorrow and we’ll have a talk. Maybe time for a change. I’ll let you know. Thanks for responding 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.