Questioning things

Posted , 3 users are following.

So sometimes I question the world around me like why things look like they do. Is this anxiety? It causes my stress level to go up and I want it to stop. Any suggestions?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do you have panic attacks at all? Why do you feel stressed from questioning why things look the way they do? Is it because you feel it makes you abnormal, do you feel that you would like to think 'normally'? Let me know and hopefully I can help you out with my personal anxiety experiences smile
    • Posted

I used to have bad panic attacks those have stopped mostly I get a rare one but not every day. I get stressed over alot of my thoughts and I just learned skills to start to not make my thoughts anxious but anything you can recommend go make the thoughts worry Me less would help.
    • Posted

It sounds like your mind is overactive at times, I often over-think things myself, which can be really annoying and stressful. I drink a lot of chamomile tea, that relaxes me enough to push negativity away, and focus on better things. I think about my favourite movies, tv series and books, think about how I would cope if I were introduced as a character... it distracts my mind when I think about it and makes me feel a lot better, also, give some ASMR a try on Youtube! Just search ASMR and Anxiety and check out some really great videos, they relax me completely and really set my mind at ease. Anxiety can be a huge challenge, but you have the power to battle it and overcome it, always remind yourself of how irrational anxiety can be, it will make us think things that we would never normally think about health and happiness. Always remember you are not alone, there are probably millions of people all having the same battle. Keep strong mate, try to distract your mind, think of different things, things you enjoy, plan out tomorrow, what you will have for breakfast, where you will go etc... and check out the ASMR on Youtube.
  • Posted

You are overthinking. You want answers, and that causes you to "stress out". I do this my self, and it's really annoying at times.

Or maybe you're just taking "wondering" a bit more serious. It is not anxiety, and if you want it to stop, snap yourself out of the distraction when you feel it coming.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.