questions about CBT

Posted , 4 users are following.

Tomorrow i start CBT with my counseler, this is due to health anxiety that  relates to me thinking that am going to take a heart attack, even though all my axiety physical symptoms have mostly disappeared and had tests carried out(on heart). I wanted to write this to ask if has ever had cbt before on this forum and how to you found it. only asking for i dont see alot of talk about it here.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Put your all into it, i think dbt is better for anyone who has an anxiety disorder we are all honestly traumatixed from it on some levels. So just ask the counselor haha they will be like huh? But go ahead other wise in the cbt its good to have that knowledge and its a lifestyle more then anything. They will have you leave the internet completely which is fine. It really is suppose to be like six months long but they tend to do 8 session now? Speed cbt i dont know, but they have apps to keep it going and tons of books and workbooks to accompany it.
  • Posted

Please do write back if you find it useful. I have been considering it for a while myself and I have intrusive thoughts like you.
    • Posted

back, found it usesfully to figure out how my anxiety kicked off(mine came all at once out of nowhere) and some techniques i can use to prevent panic and other ways to think about symtoms i have. also i havent been given any medicine so it was good for feeling normal again.
  • Posted

I attended my first session of CBT two weeks ago, I came out feeling like a weight had been lifted I am still suffering quite badly with OCD health anxiety & generalised anxiety disorder but she kind of helps u see into it and tries to give u an understanding of anxiety and the things it does to your body, I have my next session on the 12 jan I have had a few lows since I saw her but like she told me it doesn't happen over night and can't be cured over night. I hope you find it helpful, she looks back

Into your past a bit asks questions tries to see where things stemmed from, also will ask you a questionnaire be as honest as you possibly can because the scores tell her if you need to see her again. Good luck x

• Posted

Talk to your GP He will diagnose your problem and decide if a treatment plan is advisable

BOB

• Posted

Many people here will have had CBT, 

Generally your CPN will talk to you and explain coping exercises to control your Anxiety. Depending where you live in the UK, you will be given six seasons then they will decide if more treatment will be needed. All quite painless

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.