Questions about everyone's "anxiety and panic attacks"

Posted , 12 users are following.

So my question to you ladies is, when it comes to anxiety, is there something that sets it off or does it just come out of no where? The reason I ask is because mine doesn't just come out of no where. I'm starting to look more into things and over think everything which in turn causes the anxiety. It's really annoying.

0 likes, 31 replies

Report / Delete

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Valarie! If you're susceptible to anxiety over the years in menopause it hits you the hardest. The constant fluctuations of hormones especially the

dropping ( lowering of estrogen ) is when you experience the panic attacks the most. I.E. - it has nothing to do with stress or something you "did" in

your past. It's just a physical symptom of peri and memo. I hate it, it sucks. We just gotta try to get thru.😉

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Mine often seems pretty directly related to the past, right back to childhood for some of it.  Things i need to work through in the very depths of me.  Or at least be able to say "Ohhhh, THAT is where this is coming from!"  I am finding direct links these days as I really deeply explore the inner me.  But yes, meno really brings it all to the surface for me anyway

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Overthinking. (Worry) can definitely cause anxiety. Stress, arguing despair.-- those are big triggers for me. Anxiety attacks aren't as bad as the panic attacks. Chest pain, dyspnea, pain radiating down my left arm. That's when i panic. Like it's this anxiety or heart attack? ER. Cardiac workup. Panic attack. And they tell me to come back is it happens again.if that doesn't stress me I don't know what does.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

In my teens, hormonal change time is when my anxiety and panic attacks started. When I hit 23 it happened again. I was totally fine through my 30's and then when I hit around 45 bam! Hit me like a truck. It's the fluctuation of your hormones and whatever is going on with your estrogen.

I get very angry at noise, I have agoraphobia also, the fear of wide open spaces. I feel very dizzy and light headed, almost in a whirlwind when walking. I am 50 and in full blown menopause after a total robotic laser hysterectomy one year ago. I've never felt so bad in my life. I've been told it gets better thoughwink

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Same thing with me Lotti,

I started having anxiety attacks at 30 (lasted for 3 years), stopped up until age 46, it hit me hard, then 6 days after that is when I found out I'm in menopause.  Sure will be glad when they stop.  Right now I can pretty much deal with the other menopause symptoms I'm having, I just HATE these anxiety and panic attacks. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Valarie,

My anxiety is triggered by overthinking, stress, and worrying.  I've also noticed that sometimes what I eat sets it off also (sugary foods).  I try to watch what I eat, even though it's hard sometimes.  Blessings.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up