Questions Questions

Posted , 11 users are following.

Two questions:  First, I am really really worried about going to the loo.  The nurses said on no account should you 'strain' - but how can you avoid it to some degree...  I feel I need to go to the loo, but am panicking I'm going to do myself an injustice!  Also, I seem to have a bruised lump around the site on my right hand where my drip went in.  Did anyone else experience this?  Is it normal?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dulcoease. Laxatives make you go...eventually, but don't soften, so it hurts like hell and you are more tempted to strain. The softener is much better. I put the bin on the floor to use as a foot stool and lean backwards. This seems to be the most common problem for all of us and no one tells us to prepare for it. It gets a lot easier when you stop taking opiate pain relief but I am still nowhere near regular, 4 weeks after surgery. Peppermint capsules are also fantastic for getting rid of wind
  • Posted

Hey lovely. I found pomegranate juice helped along with a mild laxative but definitely bought anusol suppositories for piles . Like all the other girls said drink plenty of fluids. Xxx
  • Posted

Hi Ladies, this has been interesting reading, how long do you think we need to carry on taking Lactolouse etc? I am just over 4 weeks post op and thinking of stopping it, but a bit worried lol
    • Posted

Still taking it at seven weeks as still feeling battered and bruised inside so not willing to start straining just yet😁😁😁

Sharon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.