Quick Query

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been following a few posts relating to diverticular problems, ive noticed a few people saying theyve had blood work, what is this please?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cara,

I recently had a colonoscopy which showed severe diverticular disease and also had blood work. The blood work checks for inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Needless to say autoimmune results were on the low side. Hope this helps.

Vivian

• Posted

Hi cara

It means your doctor takes a sample of blood from you and tests it to make sure you have no abnormalities

• Posted

Hi a person's blood is drawn and tested at a lab if you have a bacterial infection it will show up in your blood thus confirming you need antibiotics

• Posted

ah ha thankyou, I thought thats what it was but thought i would check as my Dr has never done that he just gives me antibiotics if mines playing me up
  • Posted

I am also guessing since we have diverticulitis some of us, like me, I am on a liquid diet and eat almost the same boring liquid food for few weeks now and the blood test can show that I am not anemic?
    • Posted

Yes but you must request that they run that test along with whatever else they are testing for Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.