Quick question

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies do you ever have pre menstrual symptoms even after hysterectomy it's just that I think l am eg bloated feeling tender boobs bit weepy clumsy tiredness feeling a mess you know all the usual I'm 11 weeks pro op with ovaries left I'm 48 also my belly sèems to swell quite a bit and tend to get worse as the day goes on lm also getting a feeling of feeling tender under my right boob any imfo would be great apart from that feeling great haha

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda, I'm 4 weeks today and also kept my ovaries.......I would have 'officially' had ny period last week and my breast did feel very tender as per usual.....I can't really comment on the swelly belly , bit weepy and clumsy as everyday stil feels like that.!!.....although I was hoping that at 11 weeks I would read that you so were now feeling fit and dandy !! I'm fed up at 4 weeks looking like a beached whale!!!!! X
    • Posted

Hi bridy I do really feel well went back to work 6 weeks post op and it's manual work I think I'm just having a off few days but I think lm super woman gunna take each day as it comes hope you feel better soon xx
  • Posted

Hi, I can't comment on your first question as I had gone through menapause before my hysterectomy, but the swelly belly you mention is a natural part of healing and can go on for anything up to a year, I am 12 weeks post op and get it towards the end of the day or if I do too much  or lift something too heavy.
    • Posted

Hi, how do you feel generally now.....I'm 4 weeks today and  feel quite low as I can't envisage getting back to normal!!! I thought I would be so much further on but still only managing to do really small things, I've gone from working full time in a very demanding senior manager role....to this pathetic needy woman......my husband came home from work yesterday and I could tell him about my day in 5 mins!..just reassurance required that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
    • Posted

I'm not going to lie to you, I have good days and bad days, I have been very lucky, I have never had to take pain relief right from coming around from the anaesthetic which is in itself great, however because I haven't had any pain I tend to try to run before I can walk, I was walking my dogs every day after 3 or 4 weeks, I can't bear being cooped up, I still have to be careful hoovering as the pushing and pulling action aggravates the 'swelly belly', my consultant said at my 6 week check that I should get hubby to hoover for at least another 5 years! LOL! On the whole I don't feel too bad, I don't know how old you are, I am 62, usually quite active but of course don't have to be, I can keep stopping, I appreciate it can't be easy for other ladies who have to return to demanding jobs especially after reading some post on here, the problems they have with their employers not being very supportive, it must be horrid and causes stress they don't need at this time, so in answer to your question yes it does get better, remember you have had a very major operation and we all heal at different rates and also your hormones will be completely 'upside down' so that will affect you as well, all in all it's the best thing I could have had done, my alternative was either bleeding to death or cancer spreading....all gone now.....I could even wear white trousers if I wanted to, haven't been able to for years, I feel like a new woman.

Sorry for the waffle.biggrin

Take care and take each day as it comes.

Phoebe x

• Posted

Many thanks....that is reassuring and I have to remind myself this was for a non cancerous condition, so I am very lucky in many ways....I'm 45 And have at least another 10 years working.....I have worked in the NHS for 26 years so you would think that I knew exactly what was coming....! Xxx
    • Posted

Thank you phoebe makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only one and yer mine gets worse as the day goes on plus my job involves lifting xx
    • Posted

Phoebe you so like me I think I can run before l can walk my op went well no pain relief thought l was doing great which l am l suppose went back to work 6 weeks post op my job is in a laundry for a care home very manual suppose to be on light duties haha I do try but can't help myself I'm 48 and so glad had op cos like u thought l was going to bleed to death was that bad at one point was wearing incontinence pads that our residents wear so can't really complain now lol thanks for your reply xx
    • Posted

I was a carer/auxilliary for over 20 years and on occasion have done the laundry so know how taxing it can be, you are on your feet a lot, are you able to take sit down breaks at all? I could have done with some inco pads you know the ones that tape up at the sides lol! It is blissful now I don't need pads at all, I now need to find a 'home' for about 15 unopened packs of sanitary pads, any ides?

Phoebe x

• Posted

Haha I've given them all to my daughter but keep finding odd one's in different bags cudnt go anywhere with out them yes its heaven now still think I'm gunna bleed have to retrain my head lol as far as work only time get to sit if go to the loo all go but just get on with it work with a great team so that makes it easier xx
  • Posted

Right back at you honey. I am in the same boat. Will be 6 wks post op TAH and kept my ovaries but definetly get all your symptoms xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.