Quick question ( I think )

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've tryed to avoid the site for a few days and unfollowed discussions to try and get my head back more into reality.

Quick question is it possible to suffer from the occasional ''how does that make sense'' ''Who am I'' sort of questions whilst the anxiety isn't that present?? 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'll tell you something Tanya, anxiety can make you question almost anything even when it's not present, it's that your concious of things more and so your mind is on the look out and on guard so it turns to inward thoughts, you think about things and start analysing. After a while and when thoughts start going back to normal those thoughts go. So don't worry perfectly normal when in an anxious period.

• Posted

"Irrational thoughts" is the term for them apparently. Asked my therapist the very same question a long time ago. I'm told they are very common. I try to apply logic to them whenever I get them. You know, sit yourself down, take a break and just think "Is there a logical reason to be asking myself this?" - if no then it must be the anxiety.

Hope that helps smile!

• Posted

Hey Tanya.  I have tried to avoid the site as well, but do occasionally find myself on here looking for answers.  I don't have any major anxiety anymore but find myself asking these questions from time to time.  

I've just told myelf that this is a natural part of the recovery process and if I'm feeling down for a few days while asking these questions I know that it will soon be followed by a period of goods days.  Eventually, I know the thoughts won't cross my mind anymore and I be able to take away some positives from this whole experience.  I already can see that being able to help friends and family deal with anxiety and depression is going to be something that I wouldn't have been able to so had I not had the experience myself.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I think you are speaking from a young mind. Sensitive. If I am patronising you I apoligise.

When I put stuff on here I don't know the type of person I am corresponding with.

I am Wally I am a 45 year old man from Cork living in London.

It took me 45 years to get this far and I'm full of questions about me and the world.

I wish you well

P.S.

Travel

• Posted

Hi Tanya,

My counsellor has told me I have an identity crisis which has been provoked by my anxiety issues. I always get these thoughts. I'd like to assume they're fairly common as a result of the restless nature of the anxious mind.

Just rest easy in the fact that these thoughts go away eventually. You'll catch yourself realising that you haven't had those thoughts in a while. They'll come back for a little bit and then drift away.

Hope you're well,

H.

• Posted

Thankyou, atm it's like when I wake up when I feel anxious and that's because my mind decides it wants to be active from the second I wake up and obviously u don't have all wits about u when u have just woke up hahah 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.