Quick question - seemed to of expanded

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been offf mirt for the past year but I am so fed up of not sleeping all night, I take diazepam with alcohol to try and relax or knock myself out seomtimes can;t really remember going to bed but still wake up after a few hours sleep then trouble getting back to sleep, got loads of mirt left.  What if I took a mirt 15mg just for one night to see if I would sleep for a whole night. or is this a stupid thing to do. Haven't lost the weight either, or the mood swings or binge eating. It would be nice to go to sleep and wake in the morning.

I have at bad times thought of taking loads at least it would really knock me out or mix them with other drugs, naughty I know but sometimes I think what the hell why not....

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You sound like ud benefit from going back on them no offence but u sound quite depressed
    • Posted

Thank you for replying, Yes I am depressed, diagnosed moderate depression but mirt wasn't doing anythign for me apart from putting on weight, dreams, nightmares very angry aggressive severe mood swings so decided to come off them after discussion with psychiatrist. Lucky for me not too bad side effects took several months coming down from 45mg. I just want things to stop for a while and feel as if I have actually slept, I know I do sleep but it is disturbed sleep, still dreams and music playign in my head, tinnitus too. i don't really know what I'm saying realy I just want the world to stop just for a while, would be nice. been on other meds too didn't make any difference either. Might just takee on anyway night knock me out one can;t do that much harm can it?

• Posted

No it wont do u any harm? Have u discussrd other meds with ur psch doc there r other options for depression and sleep? Or they can add in other meds with the mitraz u dont have to b this down
    • Posted

I'm not on any meds except 5mg diazepam when needed which does vary from week to week. Been having a lot of crisis over the past few weeks, seeing psch next Wednesday so might discuss with her, see what if any she can come up with, don't really want to go through the side effects of starting drugs again as I am still quite unstable so don't want to push myself too far if that makes sense. Plus being pressurised from my employer seeing occupational health Dr on Thursday too. I just get so fed of of keep trying and trying and almost feel as if I am getting just that little bit somehwere than come crashing down again. Better go to bed I suppose and see what happens I wouldn't mind but it is so dark at 3 or 4am in the morning otherwise I could go out for a walk. Thank you for listening to me prattling on it is much appreciated. rolleyes

• Posted

Yes, I use a 1/2 a tab of  5mg Clonazapam when needed, I try to limit it to once or maybe twice a week. I love how it works but I am really careful because it's so addictive and if you do it nightly and try to stop you definitely won't be able to sleep on your own. 

• Posted

Tina, diazepam and alcohol are really dangerous and addictive. I know the frustration of not falling asleep. I usually will take a 500mg of L-Trytophan an hour before I go to bed. Then I may read or just daydream, deep breath and it usually works but you need the time and patience for it. I too have a benzodiazpine (Clonazapam) on hand if I'm having a really bad night.  But use it very very sparingly (1.2 a tab) of lowest dose only once or twice a week. You can get really addicted to those, so they may be your problem more than the Mirt. I would think a year off Mirt you wouldn't be dealing with that drug's withdrawal symptoms. Taking 15mg of Mirt off and on would probably be a bad idea, I think it would mess your brain chemistry up taking it sporadically.

• Posted

Well yet another erratic nights sleep, weird dreams, waking every few hours but no alcohol or drugs so survived again. Then feel washed out now it's time to get up . At least it's another day I supas a good day or night wherever you are in the world.. x pose. Hope everyone else h

• Posted

I don't think you are supposed to take Mirt this way. It needs to build up a constant level but I bet anything it will make you sleep better.  I want off Mert too but it seems to be helping with my depression so I am going to follow my Dr's advice and come off it in 5 months.  I hope my insomnia doesn't come back though. That was brutal not sleeping for sometimes 2 or 3 days.  Best of luck to you!

Al

• Posted

Hi Tina89895. Your threads have reminded me of where I was a couple of years ago. I was abusing alcohol, diazepam and mitazapine plus a selection of pain killers. My sole objective was just to get a good nights sleep. I spent hour after hour sitiing around feeling absolutely terrible. Every minute seemed like an hour, every hour seemed like a day.

A realey horrible place to be. I can now understand why people take their own life.

My salvation was to eventually persuade my GP to give me a dedicated sleeping pill.

The body has a wonderful mechanism for its own recovery but you do give it time to adjust so if you keep pileing in medication at different times and at different levels it is hardly surprising that the body gets confused and makes you unwell in protest. I have always allowed 6 weeks between the changing of any medication.

Trust me Tina89895 there is a way out of your darkplace but you need to convince yourself that you are feeling better today than you did yesterday.

Stay strong and keep in touch.

• Posted

hi tina..sorry to hear of your problems ..i also have chronic insomnia/dep/anx/chlostrophobia.i also was like u on valium /actvan /ect .also heavy drinking for years ..i stopped the drugs on my own account slowly but not the drink it worked  for a long time just bad times now and then.but now it all has returned big time no sleep for weeks i went to drs he gave me 30mg mirt.scared to take 30mg so took 7.5 first night slept 3 hours .MADE ME LIKE A ZOMBIE NEXT DAY I COULD MOVE ALL DAY..reduced it to 4mg day 2 no sleep been on 4mg ten days no sleep .but i am not so depressed and feel a bit better.going to increase slowly to 7.5mg.over next week.depending on revirws from others i stopped drinking before the mirt  as i have learnt that drink and drugs is a NO/NO SITUATION..HOPE THIS WORKS FOR me .will let u know just going to persist with the mirt for a little longer......BLUESY......  
    • Posted

HI BARDEN .............I ALSO AM IN THE SAME BOAT AS TINA .I ALSO SENT A REPLY.I READ YOUR REPLY TO TINA AND I AM CURIOUS TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS THE ...........DEDICATED SLEEPING PILL.???.AS IT MIGHT HELP WITH MY CHRONIC INSOMNIA.BLUESY

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.