Quiet reminder

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

Can I just please take this time to giv all a quiet reminder that we are all here because we have problems of one matter or another.

I/we are receiving multiple alerts from this forum. :shock:

As humans we are never always going to agree but can I please state that personal information and personal thoughts have to be resepcted at all times.

Having said that, anyone deeemed as posting any post that may suggest a person or persons is lazy, not trying etc will be deemed as offensive.

Please, please think about the issues here and how hard people are working to resolve their own weight issues before jumping in with accusations.

Let's keep PUKE a happy, peaceful and safe place for us all to post.

Thanks

Melbi x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melbi,

May I say I TOTALLY agree with what you are saying, we are on this forum for support, back up,to build confidence and help and any information we can gather. Everyone has had/having an experience with orlistat, some have more hands on info, some have experience as their info. Lets face it we all come on here for info of ANY kind. That is what PATIENT UK is all about!!!

We dont NEED derogatory remarks about other people trying to help others on this forum as best they can through either knowledge or experience!!!!

Lets get back to what patientuk is all about:- help, information but most of all experience!!!! :D

We have eachother, lets help eachother, get back on that train, choo choo!!!!!!!

onwards and downwards girls (you know who you are!!! lol)

Li'l jan

• Posted

melbi

does that also include threatening tones in messages?

i.e \"they dont know who they are posting with\"

I run a forum so understand completley but surely agressive and threatening is also an issue, not just a comment like get off your bum!

• Posted

hi there Li'l jan

Thanks for your reply.

May i take this opportunity to reassure all that this forum and any upsets have been reported to the administrators for review.

I am genuinely sorry any upsets caused this weekend but can assure you all it will be rectified tomorrow.

Stay strong all of you.

Melbi x

• Posted

[quote:3ec417b012=\"motorsportgirli\"]melbi

does that also include threatening tones in messages?

i.e \"they dont know who they are posting with\"

I run a forum so understand completley but surely agressive and threatening is also an issue, not just a comment like get off your bum![/quote:3ec417b012]

Hi there motorsportgirl

I have referred the forum to administrators for their attention.

All I can do is apologise to anyone who has been offended by recent post and reassre them that this forum has been brought to the attention of the adminstrators.

Please be patient while they review it.

Thanks

Melbi x

• Posted

Hi Melbi & MSG,

I'm sure order will be restored soon, and the patientuk forum (I dont like PUKE!!) will return to the usual supportive, FRIENDLY & informative site it is supposed to be 2moz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We welcome people like myself looking for 'patient experience' & advice and a friendly forum to contribute to without feeling intidimadated by the minority but getting support from the MAJORITY going through the same!!

Looking forward to next week, a new beginning, a new week and for some a new experience!!!!!!!!

We are here to help!!!!!!!!!!!! 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Li'l jan

• Posted

Hi all

I have yet again had to remove some posts and edit others.

If you find a post offensive, alarming or in any other way unsuitable, can you please use the alert button rather than attack the poster.

Thanks

Happy posting

Melbi x

• Posted

which post was this - hope it was none of mine! Have just started so if anypoint im out of order just tell me!

Dave.h

• Posted

It was me Dave, its always me because i stand up for myself and try and counteract negative posts.
  • Posted

ah - well all power to you and also, off the other side of the bat [b:6f0a923b5f]baaaad baaaad[/b:6f0a923b5f] MSG!!!
  • Posted

I know dave! But i cant sit back and watch people get scared, worried and confused by posts which dont reflect the facts or that we are unable to read for ourselves and make our own mind up on the subject.

Aparently it is ok to state i dont know who im posting with (which on all other forums is seen as threatening but not on here it seems), and its ok to mention me by name with derogatory comments but i cant ask for sources on posts which have caused many people confusion and worry! or state that the MHRA will not licence a product which is detrimental to long term health.

Maybe the moderators could actually look seriously at posts instead of perhaps going on reputation or personal preference because right now i cannot see where their logic lies.

• Posted

Hi there motorsportgirli

I'm really sorry that you have had derogatory remarks made against you on PUKE. If you use the alert about these remarks I can assure you they will be removed. Such remarks are NOT okay on PUKE. This is stated under the terms of condition, so do please point these posts out to us so that we can act upon them.

PUKE is here for everyone and anyone looking for personal experiences and have the opportunity to discuss their own experiences and even knowledge.

However, for very obvious reasons, we cannot allow attacking posts. This will only turn PUKE into a battle field.

Again, I ask that you please use the alert button on ANY post from the past or present where you feel someone has made a derogatory remark aimed at you or any other poster in a personal manner and we will act upon it.

I would also like to add that as a moderator, I have never looked on a post and thought: 'oh such a such made that post, I'll delete it or disagree with it or vice versa. I read ALL post with immense seriousness and take this role seriously.

On that note, I would like to say it was I that deleted and edited some posts last evening in the hope to keep this forum a peaceful, enjoyable and informative place.

If you have any grievances or disagree with my choice of action you can contact the administrators Lin or Hilary.

To contact either of them you can send a private message to Chimera (Lin) or Hilary.

Thanks

Melbi x

• Posted

I did alert and i also put in the reasoning but they were allowed to stay

Says it all to me im afraid melbi

• Posted

Hi again motorsportgirli

I have sent you a PM

I'm so sorry that any offensive post towards you have been left in place.

Please pm me back with a link to the posts in question and I will remove them.

Melbi x

• Posted

Melbi

As i have said in the PM, they have been here for everyone to see for a while, so there is no point deleting them

Im also grown up enough to deal with those comments and carry on, all i was pointing out was there seemed to be a lack of conistency.

All i can point out is look at the drop in the regulars posting

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.