Quit Mirtazapine after taper, is this still withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi guys,

?I have been writing on this forum for some time and I have been tapering from 7,5 mg since the end of June. The end of July I went to 3,75 mg and every time i had soms bad nights after a little less than two weeks. The end of September I started taking 3,75 every other day and had soms bad nights aswell. End of Oktober went to 1,875 every other day and quit everything on 14th of November. I'm almost three weeks post now, and feel relatively good, but my sleeping is still very light and I have trouble falling asleep. Also I have muscle tightness and tension. Ringing in my ears too, but this is probably the muscle tension.

?I am curious if anyone can comment on this, is this last stap (quiting) harder than all the tapering before? And when should I consider going back on a tiny dose? i really want to see it through, but I also don't want to be irresponsible. Last night I had to take a Xanax to sleep because 03:00 o' clock I was still not sleeping.

?Any help is welcome. Thanx.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi guys,

Well we're do I start,the past two weeks have been really hard,I've been so scared,

I've had real intrusive suicidal feelings and I'm not sure why at week 10 the feelings have spiralled out of control,

I went to see my Gp and she prescribed me propanol for my racing heart(my blood pressure was a bit high) and she gave me Zopiclone for a week for sleep.

I'm starting to worry that I won't return to life and I don't want to be prescribed different things,I just want to be myself. I'm also worried that my Gp is worrying that it shouldn't be happening,why has it peaked it's ugly head ? I can't talk to anyone about it, it would just make my family worry and I can't reassure them at the moment.

I'm great full for any advice

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up