r mirtazapine dose increase

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I am sick to death off my physc doc, he is a quack..

He told me to just stop taking the 15mgg of miirt dailly that i have been on for 5 years and to take sertrraline 50mg instead. I tried it for 3 days but the withdraw from the mmirt was diving me  insane. Plus on the third day i waas urinating blood that  iis a known side efffect of sertraline.  Anyway i went straight back on the mirt, I now take one and a hallf 15mg ttabs at night plus half a tab when i waake up. I noitiice i  am  feeeling a little anxious now. Is thiis normmal when you increasse the dose of mirt?

Please excusee spelling  itts this stupiidd phhone pllus im shaking likkee a leaf

Regarrds

Roger

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Orrr bless you if you can hun try to come of mitazipine i was on 30mg sometimes 45mg  for 10 years and docter took me of it over the space ov a week and put me on citalopram and iv been ov it now for 3 weeks dont want to ever go back on it im quit Anxious and not sleeping to good at mo been on citalopram for 2 weeks got to give them a chance change your docters if you not happy and try your best to chance drugs im now on a smaller one ov 10mg good look hun and dont give up liz ☺
    • Posted

Liz are you saying after being on 45mg you then went on 30mg then you was off Mirt after 3wks ?
    • Posted

Hiya hun i was on mirtizipine for 10 years and was up and down on 30mg alot and the 45mg twice and i was starting to get bad dizzyness and depressed more i changed docters and he took me of the mirtizipine within a week take one stop for one take one stop for two and again and then put me on cit 10mg which iv been on for nealy three weeks now iv had some horrible side effects and trying to stay strong dont want to be back on them and i put 4 stone on liz 
    • Posted

I have now been of mirtizipine for 3 weeks gone wed and been on cit 3 weeks comeing monday liz
    • Posted

Oh sorry Liz I misunderstood how long did it eventually take you to totally come off.And also how did you do it.Did you follow the Cita program that manuelmanuel put on .? 
    • Posted

Hiya hun iv been of them 3 weeks still haveing side effects will last for up to 8 weeks another 5 to go 😯 no dideny for manuelmanuel cit program followed the docter im under go back to see him tomorrow liz x
  • Posted

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so badly my doctor took me off mirt and then to trazadone and the withdrawals of the mirt were to heavy for me to handle so I went back to the mirt myself at a low dose. Get stable back on the mirt first. Whatever dose feels comfortable for now because it's hard to sort things out while in the gripes of withdrawal. So, be easy with yourself WAIT till you are stable, continue to post and ask question here as the doctors don't seem to know jack, but consult them anyhow as well I guess. When you feel stable then you can make your next move but not till then.

for now just relax the best you can and patience is the name of this game.

good luck keep us updated.

• Posted

Hi

Obviously we are all different. I came off mirt 15mg to none without any complications. In fact, my urination problems and backpain problem stopped immediately.

Have you told your psych or your GP.

Regards

Nick

• Posted

I saw my gp today and told him i wanted acsecond opinion as my shrink was a waste of time. When i told him the physc doc i was seeing he said he had had a number of complaints about his metthods. He has now refered me to the physc dept under a different physc doc. Hopefully now we will get somewhere. Meannwhile he put me on 30mg mirt daily

Regards

Roger

• Posted

Roger, what do you wish to have a second opinion about?

According to the Rethink website it is normal to have a second opinion granted although it says that this is not a legal right. It doesn't speak about actually changing psychiatrist.

www.rethink.org/living-with-mental-illness/rights-restrictions/second-opinions

A linked website says that a second opinion from within your Trust is not an "independent" second opinion. You have to go outside your Trust for that.

I have looked at one MHT's policy regarding change of psychiatrist. This indicates that this has to be done through your care-coordinator which involves an opportunity to, if possible, resolve the difficulty with your own psychiatrist. It doesn't say that your GP can simply refer you to another psych. Afterall you are already a patient of the MHT.

I have just changed doctors by walking in to another surgery but I don't think that you can do the same with consultants.

But I do think that you do have to identify the problem that you have with your current psych, possibly with the help of your GP or MIND.

What "methods" exactly are you criticising?

• Posted

Hi Nick

No, my mht has 5 consultant physc docs and it srates at my local gp`s surgery that Ii can request a different physc doc if i wish. This is oof couurse  wiyth my gp consent. He has granted my request..

As far as what i wwould like. I would like to have some sort of cbt and not be druggged into a catatonic state on 45mg mirt 60mgg of prozac plus 20mg valium daily.and told to make more effort on my mottivattion. I would like tosee anybody have ANY motivation on that lot. Its as much as i can do tto remember what day iitt is.

Roger

• Posted

Hi heart bleed Wow with all that medication I'm surprised your alive,I don't know about motivation. I think you really ought to get your medication sorted first before anything else.Ido Beleive in pushing yourself into doing things perhaps what you liked doing,but with all that medication your lucky to get out of bed.Get that sorted then focus on motivation.Good Luck.
    • Posted

Thanks Norma.

My gp could'nt believe it either. He cut the prozac out altogether and dropped the miirtazapine to  30mg  daily. As farc as the 20mg of valium is concerned the  physc doc told me to take it at night to help me sleep. My gp was furrious he said i am going too ginnd it very difficult to dtop bbecause to  use vvalium as a dleeping tabllet id asking for trouble. Been taking it now  for 5 yeard.  He had made me  an appoinntment with a different physc doc

Regards

Roger

• Posted

Please excuse spelling. Its this phone, my fingers are too big.
    • Posted

Hi when you say Valium do you mean Tamazapam or Diazapam .Because of all my problems I've got enough medication to open a chemist.I take both the above meds plus Mirtazapine which is why I'm trying to come off the Mirt.Ive also took the above for about 10yrs and my GP is trying to stop me having both of them,but I suffer chronic IBS and I'd never sleep without them so he will have to fight me to take me off them.Im glad your GP is being some help to you,then you might get a little better at activities .keep us In touch,but in the meantime good luck.
    • Posted

Hi Norma

Ii am on valium (diazapam)..

Its interesting as I am listening to the bbc world service the outlook prog and there isd a woman talking aabout her being treated for depression for the pasdt 18 months.. She said she had no moytivstion at  all and all she wanted to dfo was stay in bed. She went  to see another doctor who took her off all medication and now shes fine. Her drr said she didnt have depression there was nothing wwrong with her. She has wrritten a book about her ordeal. Im afraid i cant reemember her name or the name of the book but the interview should be  available on the bbc worldserice website as a podcast

Regards

Roger

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.