r mirtazapine dose increase

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I am sick to death off my physc doc, he is a quack..

He told me to just stop taking the 15mgg of miirt dailly that i have been on for 5 years and to take sertrraline 50mg instead. I tried it for 3 days but the withdraw from the mmirt was diving me  insane. Plus on the third day i waas urinating blood that  iis a known side efffect of sertraline.  Anyway i went straight back on the mirt, I now take one and a hallf 15mg ttabs at night plus half a tab when i waake up. I noitiice i  am  feeeling a little anxious now. Is thiis normmal when you increasse the dose of mirt?

Please excusee spelling  itts this stupiidd phhone pllus im shaking likkee a leaf

Regarrds

Roger

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Roger and Norma ...

the only thing that has helped me is a medication in the benzo group. I took it for a years..long time ago and had no side effects and no withdrawal...whatsoever, not even an itch. I never felt addicted nor did I ever seek to get more. It was some genius GP that told me to use the mirt instead because it's not addictive...haha

as we all know it's worse than that.

my new doctor said ( was on Ativan ) now on Xanax was fine for sleep and very good to help me get off the mirt.

she told me after I get stable I can easily reduce. Which I agree because I did it before and I was fine. I don't aguse drugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.