RABBIT IN THE HEADLIGHTS

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi

Have been lurking for some time now, and today's the Big Day to start taking the tablets. Saw the dietitian yesterday, who just gave me a sheet showing portion sizes and said \"if you have a take-out, you will have immediate runs\". Very comforting... I've just eaten cornflakes, s/s milk and a banana, with a cup of coffee made with dried skimmed milk. Do I take a tablet ?

Sorry to be so dim - a very confused (and terrified) newbie !! :?

(PS - brilliant site) :D

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

dont worry, sounds like she was only trying to put the scares on you. not everyone suffers the dreaded side effects, I'm one of the fortunate ones but there are some on here who suffer at the slightest thing.

I have been for meals out and you simply just go for the option which has less fat, if you have a look at tesco diets website they give you some guidance on eating out and what foods to avoid which is really helpful.

My GP said to take a pill every meal even if there was little fat in as it would still work although others have been told different.

As long as you dont have more than 15g of fat per meal you should be ok. In doubt there are threads on here recently where people have given a breakdown of their daily foods which is helpful.

Keep with it hun and all will be well, if you feel low or not sure what to do come on here and ask, we are all here to help

x 8)

• Posted

Hi

Like Nicky my doc told me to take a tablet with every meal and stay low fat. I have had no trouble except for headaches for the first 3 days and feeling a bit bloated. I am a week in and have lost 3 lbs despite drinking wine( not affected by the tabs!!!) and as i have PCOS that is nothing short of a miracle especially as not done much exercise.

Take it with eery meal as it focuses your mind and if you were to have a high fat snack an hour or so later you would have problems so I think it helps to keep you motivated. Good luck and keep chatting - the sit is fab

KJ

• Posted

Hey

Thanks for your support - will take it on board. Have IBS - my dietitian couldn't say how/if the blueys might affect that, or whether the medication (buscopan) could be used in the event of a flareup. I think I'd better contact Roche on that.

Its a shame that someone hasn't put all this lovely advice together in a booklet - it would be a best-seller - but not so much fun !

Keep the faith - - - but lose the fat !

:D

• Posted

Yes low fat but you still have to have a certain amount of fat for the tablet to work properly ring the number on the packet and register for advice they may give you another to ring. You are told to take three times a day before meal if the meal has any fat in at all take tablet if not then you dont as it dosent have any fat to work on. I if you just had fruit then you dont take it if you had toast with low fat spread and a banana squshed ontop then take tablet. b
  • Posted

Yes, you definitely do still need some fat. I had tremendous weight loss but nothing this week. I realised today that it's because I've been eating really low fat soups for lunch (1g or so) and being so full from them that I haven't topped up on the fat with something else. Today I forced myself to eat a few Jaffas as well! (not that force is really necessary...)

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up