Racing Heartbeat

Posted , 3 users are following.

My heart has been racing for over three hours! Thanks to my Fitbit, which I've now taken off, my heart seems to be stuck at 98-105 per minute! I have anxiety and had a panic attack right before my heart started racing! This makes me so terrified. Please tell me someone else could relate and that nothing is going to happen to me! Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had to take my Fitbit off too for exact same reason. My heart rate was jumping to 115 and wouldn't go below 90 and it was freaking me out. Nothing will happen to you. What I did later that evening was go to the gym and purposely worked out until my heart rate reached 143. Then I could say to myself that my heart rate had been much higher than 115 before and it didn't harm me.

Hope you feel better xx

• Posted

Thank you, Sophie! I pray today is better and I'm not putting my Fitbit back on! 😉

• Posted

I don't think there is anyone who doesn't have a racing heart after an attack.. Mine can get up to 120. You're fine, just relax. Out a cold cloth on your face.. Maybe avoid the fitbit for the day lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.