Rage and Anger!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello all,

A few weeks ago I was really snappy with everyone. Everytime anyone says anything to me I immediately got irritated. I got so angry that I threw my keys and puse across the room and I slammed the door hard that it popped back open . I thought I broke it. Then I started to cry. I've never gotten so out out of control like that.

I felt myself getting like that today and again I have no clue why. I was just so easily irritated today. I'm wither angry or crying for no reason. I just needed to vent.

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I cry alot or feel like crying.  Now I just tell people I am very tired and that I am trying to figure out my health and ask them to try and be patient with me and I will try and cal myself.  My family is being good so farsmile

• Posted

My family is starting to understand a little better. They are more patient and letting me go at my own pace.
  • Posted

i think there are LOTS of us out here experiencing similar things. I just can not believe that we can't find answers to sooooo many of these issues. It's unbelievable to me. and sad.
    • Posted

Yes it is sad. There has to be some truth to it for so many women to expirence the same symptoms.
  • Posted

I share my house with my best friend, and both of us are going through it. I get the forgetfulness, definitely the mood swings, I must be incredibly unreasonable and argumentative, and she has the short temper, so not a great combination! Love the comment about  it all seeming so reasonable at the time! The only way I manage to deal with the anxiety and other things is to try to tell myself, when things seem overwhelming that this is another of nature's tricks and it will pass. The temper I see in my friend is truly worryingly but I know I cause a lot of it, (I wish I didn't,)by being so forgetful and losing the plot - if we are out driving I forget where we are meant to be going, though she told me seconds ago, or say something stupid because I didn't follow a conversation we had earlier,,,,I guess we just have to try to control it and rly on those we love being understanding. Isn't it a shame we can't wear a T shirt carrying a 'look out, irrational being' logo?! 
    • Posted

I wish we could wear a shirt like that. I have never felt so unstable and crazy in all my life. Now I just deal with it. Talk myself through it.
  • Posted

Wow its good to hear that its not a mental thing.  I went to a psychiatrist because my anger was overwhelming me.  Now I am thinking its just menapause.  He gave me Seraquel to help with sleep and anger and wild dreams, but it seems to have increased the hot flashes, hunger and anxiety.  I like to ride my motorcycle. It helps me with anxiety, anger, all that.  And taking this medication, I feel sorta groggy and don't ride after taking a full dose the night before.  Now I am thinking this isn't the answer at all.  It's just menapause and I gotta figure out how to deal with it.  I even started seeing my therapist again after a year.  I told my psyche doc about the hot flashes and he just dismissed it.  I think it may be time to dismiss HIM, and find a female doc.  My therapist is female and older than me and has 'come out the other side' and she says that life does get better.  Its just very frustrating in the meantime. 
    • Posted

It just come out of nowhere. I didn't realize that rage and anger can be brought on hormonally. I would just get annoyed and irritated so fast for no reason.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.