Raised bumps on glans of penis, please help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 30 years old and have HSV-2. Ive had it for 3 years and its not a big deal. However, I recently got these bumps on my penis head (see picture) a few months ago. I will say that I never get my herpes outbreaks on the glans so I thought this was something else. I am sexually  active and actually had unprotected anal sex with a girl a month or so prior to this symptom.SO when I first noticed it, I freaked out and went to a urologist and he told me it was a yeast infection (candida?) and basically a hygienic issue because im uncircumcised. He gave me an anti-fungal cream ( CLOTRIMAZOLE BETAMETHASONE 1%/0/05% BASE) and after a week it cleared up. Hooray! A few weeks later the same 'spots' showed up again and they have been there going on 3 months. They are painless and I have no other symptoms that would indicate some bigger problem. Please, if you are a doctor or are familiar with what this symptom is and what I can do to make my glans clear of these spots, I would greatly appreciate it.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Firstly you should never have unprotected sex especially anal -.- i had a scare with my ex fiancee because he never told me he was bi i figured out after i moved in with him where he confessed to cheated on me with a male. I luckily came out negative for everything. But its guys like you that know your std status and still be having sex unprotected im sorry but i cant sympathize with you. Go to a dr you should know what you get yourself into. Especially with herpes i would of known to take better care of myself because any std increases your chances of getting more infections plus unprotected sex as well. I would wait about a week see if it goes away because it could mean that her anus was filthy or your having another outbreak
  • Posted

Hey man, any updates? I have something similar. Seems like a pimple. Red and raised, no pus, no pain. Showed up out of nowhere.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.