Raised dose of Prozac

Posted , 5 users are following.

2days ago went up on Prozac  started again with side effects like when you first started taking it the usual sweating nervous wanting to know if every time you go up on dose if you have side effects again.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yeah. Your body is getting more than it's used to so it's going to hit you again while your body re-adjusts. Are the side-effects detrimental, or easily ignorable? Worth talking to your GP even just on the phone if you are concerned.

• Posted

I had been taking 40 mg of Prozac for 2 years and the dosage has been recently increased by another 20 mg, making it 60mg a day.  The extra 20 has caused me lots of problems....nausea, sweating, shaking, confusion and insomnia.  My psychiatrist reassures me that my body will adjust in time and to keep taking that dosage.  I also take Cymbalta and Abilify.  I feel this is way too much antidepressant in my body at one time.  The Abilify is supposed to enhance the effectiveness of the Prozac and Cymbalta.  If my side effects don't improve in another week, I'm going to go back to taking 40mg of Prozac.  My advice to you is that your symptoms are coming from the increased Prozac and they may become more mild as time goes by.  If not, contact your physician and ask if you can switch to something else or go back to the lower dose.  Sometimes it is hard to reach just the right level of dosage.....low dosage isn't enough and higher dosage is too much.  Too bad some meds like capsules can't be scored and cut in half.   Hope you find the right dosage that works for you, Everyone's  body is affected differently by the same drug.  I wish you strength and courage as you struggle with the daily challenges of depression.

• Posted

Too much medicine you need to have a good talk with your Dr tell them how you feel that's a lot of medicine I don't see how your walking around.

• Posted

One thing is sure, doctors or psychos do not know what we go through when taking antidepressants.. mine made me increase my proteins from 20 to 30mg. I have felt no benefit in fact feel more depressed, I quite despair at times about mental health services. Does anyone else feel like this
    • Posted

Not proteins as in the above ,d....... predictive text again, I take paroxetine
    • Posted

I've started taking fluoxetine again on 20mg. Was taking this for 6 weeks, got a little better then started a new job and the last few weeks had been awful. Started taking 40mg of Fluoxetine 5 days now and have been feeling awful. Negative thoughts and not eating, shaking and sweating. Anxiety is high. The Doc said that it will take a while for the higher dose to take affect. I'm hanging in there as I have taken fluoxetine in the past and it did help. This time it's much worse and it has really scared me. the negative thoughts make me feel awful and I feel bad because I've started this new job and haven't been able to work. sad. I keep hoping and praying things will get better soon.

• Posted

Hello HopeNFaith,

I know this is an old thread but how did 40mg work out for you? I had Prozac before but am really struggling in week 5 this time. I hope it all worked out for you.

Dom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.