Ramilpril and Amlodipine

Posted , 6 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Some time ago I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure. My GP started me on Ramilpril, 5mg then 10mg, Still had high Blood Pressure so Amlodipine was introduced and was eventually put on 10mg of that too.

Now Ramilpril, I cant really say i noticed too many side effects but ever since i was put on 10mg of Amlopipine i feel like a old man, lifeless, no energy, no sex drive to speak of, in short, feels like i dont have long left.

The first thing i noticed was (Embarresed) difficulty with erections, For me this is serious, then i noticed palpertations, light headedness, sleeping difficulties, now a lot of acid indegestion. I'm feeling tired all the time, like i cant be bothered, occasioanal stomach aches, chest pains,  diarrhea, a little grumpy and generally like a star zombie from the walking dead. I'm 52, most prople cant believe my age as I have always been young looking, but now by god i feel like i'm 62. in short my quality of life is S**T to say the least.

At first i put this down to getting older and maybe this is how life catches up with you, I dont drink, never taken any drugs but i do smoke.

But after reading some quite scarey articles about Amlodipine I'm quite sure it is the Amlodipine that is causeing this.I have spoken to my GP but he is reluctant to change my prescription as my BP is stable now.

But my reason for writing this, aside from being tired of how i am feeling these days and for being led to believe that Amlodopine has been banned in the Netherlands, is does anyone know of any drugs that could replace what i am currently on without the dire side effects.

just to be clear, I have been on both Ramipril 10mg and Amlodipine

10mg for many months now.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am on 10mg amlodipine and side effects aren't that severe. However, I don't take the whole 10mg at once. 5 in the morning and 5 in the evening. Along with 25mg metoprolol. But I also take good vitamins and fish oil with omega 13. I also quit smoking 7 months ago and began working out. I am 59. My neighbor takes amlodipine and his wife told me he is having erection problems. I asked if there was anything else that may have happened recently. She said he had some cataracts removed.

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up