random questions for ladies that at a&p repair

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi lovely ladies

i have some more questions for you pleaseeee

as my surgery gets closer i am getting more nervous haha i like to know all scenerios lol

I work from home , my consultant says maybe after 3 weeks i can start working slowly if i feel up to it , im in no rush to return my boss knows its 6 weeks! just curious for those that home work how long did you need before returning?

probably silly questions but could you sit crossed legged? (on a bed ) or does sitting hurt ? like on sofa etc

before my surgery was booked we booked star wars tickets! and the movie is exactly 1 week after my surgery lol do you think sitting and watching would be ok? ive told other half have a backup person to take as i just dont know how i will be sad

i hate alll these unknowns lol!

thanks

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi mosnippy I'm 8 weeks post op and I have to be honest I couldn't sit up rite for about 2 weeks I was side on side of my bum and it use to ache , I couldn't even be a passenger in a car cos it was so uncomfy, so my advice is make the most of the rest and forget abt work or anything gets else because if u push urself u won't be found urself any favours, I'm now ready to go bk to work I'll be returning on 17th Dec after 11 weeks off , hope all goes well for u
    • Posted

sigh thought that might be the case sad I was being optimistic that recovery would be speedy haha

good luck on returning back to work 👍 hope it goes well

• Posted

Hi mosnippy I'm 8 weeks post op and I have to be honest I couldn't sit up rite for about 2 weeks I was side on side of my bum and it use to ache , I couldn't even be a passenger in a car cos it was so uncomfy, so my advice is make the most of the rest and forget abt work or anything gets else because if u push urself u won't be found urself any favours, I'm now ready to go bk to work I'll be returning on 17th Dec after 11 weeks off , hope all goes well for u
  • Posted

Hello!! One week is to soon to go out to a movie. I was told not to dangle or cross my legs after surgery, I'm 5 weeks post-op and I'm just now doing that but not much. Driving in a car when I had to go to doc to remove the catherater 5 days later was very uncomfortable also to walk. I still pace my self and don't try to be on my feet to much. Still resting and limiting my activities. My advise to you is rest and get well completely! Best wishes!
  • Posted

Avoid sitting cross legged, especially straight after surgery because it's more of a risk of thrombosis like that:-)))  I got told off several times - it was a habit, so try to remember not to do that.  Mine didn't hurt at all.  No pain!  I found travelling by car a bit uncomfortable in the early days though because it seemed to bounce about a bit and I'd just had a hsyterectomy too (laparoscopy) and all my insides seemed to bounce, so you may find you don't want to go.  I don't know how far you'd have to walk either, from the car to the film - I probably wouldn't do it - it seems a bit 'early days' to me.
    • Posted

yeah you right it would be lots of walking didnt think of that part!!

you know what i am a dumbass!! lol i should know about crossed legged =dvt considering i have had dvt and pulmonary embolism before DOH!! i know ill be stockinged up and injected to high heaven always am with ops lol

i was more wondering in terms of if it causes pain lolll but i wont do it anyway haha

• Posted

They'll have you well dosed up with blood thinners then, no doubt:-))))  I really worried about those injections but got my husband to do them and I truly didn't even feel them LOL!  It was the stockings I had a problem with - they kept rolling down to form a tight band which couldn't have been good and we tried snipping the tops and all sorts but nothing stopped them rolling down!
    • Posted

Loll oh the stockings are awful! They always roll for me too lol 

Luckily injections are a breeze had them through out my pregnancy etc a pain but necessary! 

• Posted

Have to ask now - do the stockings roll down on everyone? LOL!  I had the same problem when I had to have a general for the colcoscopy and they gave me stockings for that too but then I was told they hadn't measured my legs properly because they rolled down, but they were the same next time too LOL! 
  • Posted

Hi mosnippy, I'm 71/2 weeks post op and have found that if I sit upright for to long my lower abdomen begins to ache, the same with too much walking plus the stitches start to pull. My Drs has given me another six note for 8 weeks so I will not be returning to work unto 11th Jan, I had considered going back earlier but realise that I would not be doing myself any favours as recovery really is slower than I realised it would be.

The best advice I can give is rest and don't rush anything and as so many on this site so rightly said put your feet up and make the most of it.

• Posted

I made the mistake (well not really haha)of watching a video of the op on you tube (I know mad but I like to know everything! Lol a pain with being a data analyst I need to know everything to decide an outcome lol) 

my god I now understand why you can walk or do anything after!! The way. My docter explain surgery was just quick snip put stuff back in and stitch up no problem so couldn't understand the need for all the rest ( so naive) after seeing what they do to your poor foo foo I know u dears tank and am scared haha 

• Posted

Argh damn corrective text! Meant to be I now understand and am scared
    • Posted

Thsi will make you smile.  Before I had my hysterectomy and anterior repair I googled everything.  Thoroughly!  So on 'the day' when the surgeon started talking to me about it I was saying about the vaginal vault and I understood any recurrence of the cancer was likely to show up there and so on and she asked if I had medical training. LOL!  I replied 'no, just google' LOL!  This is about the third time a doctor has asked me that LOL! For me, googling is a way of getting the anxiety out of my system.  Yes, it can make the anxiety worse in some ways, especially when I was googling the cancer aspect of it, but I think it did help me understand WHY I was getting anxious about and be logical about it and at worst, it helped pass the time of those awful weeks waiting for the operation - that was the worst time of my life, having been told I'd got cancer and sitting there waiting five and a half weeks for the op!  But I'd hate to be without google!
    • Posted

lolll thats funny google is the best! its so true! i google everything to it does help!

sorry not funny the cancer funny they thought you were train 🙈🙈

i bet it must havebeen the worst weeks ever!!

• Posted

Yes, being told you've got a confirmation that it's cancer and then having to wait for the op - you want it done THEN.  It was a horrible time and where you see people talking about how brave they are, I wasn't.  I was in a total utter panic, constantly losing the plot!  But when they called me to theatre I RAN as fast as my arthritic knees would take me LOL!  It took me a few months to stop dwelling on it but gradually I put it behind me and stopped worrying about recurrence and came to the conclusion that I probably wasn't any more at risk of being told I'd got cancer (again) than anyone else who'd never had it, so I'll take them up on their suggestion next time that if I don't want to keep going back for checks now I don't need to (partly because the person themselves usually knows if they have it again because there is bleeding from the vaginal vault).  But we women certainly go thrugh the mill at times!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.