ranitadine

Posted , 6 users are following.

anyone on here get pain from ranitadine ?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary I take it before I go to bed and when I started I use to get a pain in my left side. Thankfully that now seems to have disappeared. Hope that helps.
    • Posted

thanks ted my stomach is very painful after a few days on then left side top left and right i stopped them yesteday that pain i going now , but awaiting the hernia pain and pulsing throat pain 
  • Posted

Hi Gary, i started taking Ranitadine about 7 weeks ago after my doctor advised me due to a small patch of inflammation being found following an endoscopy. Also have a small hernia.  

I found i got some strange muscle pains and awful stomach aches and nausea. Also felt to hot sweats  and vivid dreams.  I started of taking the over the counter 75mg ones, then the 150mg ones the doctor prescribed but only took one at night until last week when i was told to take 2 a day and felt much worse for it so dropped back to one a day. I am now going to reduce again until i cant stop taking them as i dont think they suit me plus when i googled the question about peoples experiences i got  a shock. Seems you cant just stop them and you can get rebound symptoms when you do. 

• Posted

thank you frances, i thot i was the only one or i was going mad , this hiatus hernia is terrible all sorts of strange pains trying diff foods not eating at night now drinking water no fizzy stuff my heads wacked doctors are not very helpful at all give you meds and send you off on your way , this pulsing throat on and off ,  realy worries me thanks for replys guys .
    • Posted

Hope you can find a way to cope with it Gary, keep looking at other peoples posts to see if there is anything to try that might help you. It gets really scary when you dont know what is causing something.  I have had odd stabbing pains in throat in past but its chest pains from the indigestion that are my greatest fear.  It sounds like your problem could be acid or gas causing the pain, does burping ease it ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.