Rant about anxiety and how I always conclude that I have Ebola cos I'm stupid

Posted , 5 users are following.

God I don't want to freak others like me out. 

I thought I was better, Ive gone days with no signs of anxiety or panic. It's been bliss I thought that it was all better. 

But it's back. I've had a little diarrhea tonight and I've got the shakes, (probably because it's cold) but now what has jumped into my head is that I must have Ebola

I mean Ebola isn't even in the UK right? It doesn't matter because im convinced I have it. Although I keep telling myself I dont. The symptoms online for it though they're just so flu like and stomach bug like. So any symptoms I get i always seem to put it down to Ebola and it's ridiculous. sad last week I had a sore throat. Alarm bells started ringing. 

I don't know. I can't deal with it anymore. All these normal symptoms i mean I suffered from IBS last year when under severe stress so I know it'll be related cos I have had so much stress these past few weeks. 

I wish I could get a Dr appointment sooner than next Friday sad 

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I was completely side tracked and didn't even get to the point. Basically, I was just wondering if anyone else does this? Or if I'm just crazy? It's very hard to cope with and the fear of getting Ebola brings on anxiety symotoms for me like diarrhea and muscles aches and they're also symotoms of Ebola so it's like an endless cycle for me sad
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Its called health anxiety, its part of general anxiety. When you see the doc I would ask for anxiety treatment, be it meds or therapy, you don't have Ebola and won't be tested for it , health anxiety makes us worry about these things. No reassurance or tests will ease your mind, dealing with the root anxiety wil
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It is highly unlikely to be ebola, you have to have human contact with secretions ie kissing etc.

Your anxiety is very active, at the worse it will be a winter bug which is easily cured by Drif you feel really bad you could call the Dr out to see you.

Its not easy for you at the moment but you nay find it's stress.

Take care, keep warm and drink plenty and I mean plenty of water.

Cxxxc

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

During a phone call with my brother he named off a bunch of symptoms of Ebola, I started getting these symptoms, and it got so bad to the point where I made myself sick and I didn't eat for almost a week straight because I was afraid. I'm sure you'll be fine it might just be the regular flu, just try not googling symptoms I know it can be hard but it only makes your anxiety worse. Hope you feel better.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm also going through health anxiety.  I ended in the hospital,  and felt I had everything wrong with me. Went doctor after doctor,  er. Every test came back good. Things do get easier in time.  I been fighting with this for the past 5 1/2 months. It does get easier. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Do you have any coping mechanisms? It's ridiculous the amount of times I've been to the doctors or gone to A&E because I believe I have a fatal life threatening illness. I know that it's stupid but in my head it all seems so real. I hope you are coping well with it all xx
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up