Rapid heart rate help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was laying in bed then got up to turn off my tv and felt my heart start beating fast. This hasn't happen to me. I'm practicing deep breathing to slow it down. Trying not to freak out because my kids and husband are asleep. I'm laying down doing the deep breathing and scary to go to the bathroom because it might happen again. Having stomach pain, neck pain, shoulder blade pain with underbreast rib pain

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Are you ok hopefully it's just a panic attack that's how mine start and then I get shaky

• Posted

Yea I'm better. Heart rate is 78 per min. Checked it like three times if not more lol. Just shoulder blade pain but that's a everyday pain. Probably just got up quick and that caused it and then worrying came. Thinking I was gonna have a heart attack but I'm good now thanks!

• Posted

Yeah it is scary I had my first one this year they are not fun but I'm glad you are ok the deep breathing helps

• Posted

Its scary but there are some breathing techniques for slowing it down google it.

I hope that helps.

Stay strong

• Posted

Indeed it's quite scary..first time i got it i thought i as having a heart attack! but then , everything goes back to normal. The deep breathing technique is useful , i will also suggest yoga and meditation together with a healthy diet in order to minimize the panic attacks. I've done that and i get it only once in a while, not everyday like i used to..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.