Rare undiagnosed Case

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello people. I have some very weird type of disease that hasn't been diagnosed and its been 5 years now. Whatever I eat, it burns my esophagus and then after 10 minutes I have to keep clearing my throat. And my throat gets sore and I get cough. Is it because of the acid refluxes back to my throat? I told my doctor that could I have GERD? He asked me do I vomit? I said no, then he said that it can't happen to you and anyway you're too young to have it (I was 15) I'm 20 now and yet I'm suffering. I have chronic constipation and dried mouth too. Sometimes I have inflammation in my stool too. And my body produces so much gases that if they get stuck they cause pain in my whole body. Please help me figure out what could I possibly have? Thank you

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If your doctor says you can’t have GERD at 15 your doctor is an idiot. Find a new one. 

You may have one thing or multiple things going on. Find a gastroenterologist and discuss this with them. You’ve effectively just described symptoms matching GERD, endocrine issues, absorption issues, and IBS-C. 

No one here can offer you an answer, but a doctor who isn’t an idiot can. 

This said you can take steps right now to start helping yourself: 

1) start following a strict GERD diet: don’t eat late, raise your bed, avoid certain foods, eat smaller meals, etc. 

2) increase your intake of veggies, particularly leafy greens. Have them with every meal. 

3) soluble fiber is your friend. Insoluble, not so much. Mostly because of the whole connotation thing. 

4) drink LOTS of water. 1/2oz for every pound. 

5) Avoid junk food, especially sugary junk food. 

Again, this is a start, but a doctor can tell you what’s realy going on. Find one who’ll believe you. 

• Posted

Norb, you have no idea how much your answer means to me. Thank you so much. Yes some people also told me that the doctor was an idiot so I went to a gastroenterologist, told him my symptoms and he just gave me meds which I took but didn't help me and then he said my endoscopy and colonoscopy is needed to be done. Is it really necessary? There could be hundreds of things causing my issue for the last 5 years and I have tried all of the things you have asked me to do before even my lifestyle is great but it doesn't help. My chest is always burning and gases always cause me pain. I just want to get a diagnosis. I want to know what is this that has made my life hell. BTW I have been diagnosed with nasal allergy which makes my life hell my causing irritation in my upper mouth and post nasal drip. Im just so confused. I keep going to ENTs allergists and gastroenterologists but they can't help me and somehow it feels to me that it's all connected. I just want a proper diagnosis. I can't sleep because gases get stuck in my rectum and my rectum always feels heavy, causing me discomfort. I need urgent help I can't take this anymore.

• Posted

Get the endoscopy and colonoscopy done. That’s one of your best shots at a definitive answer. At this point, for you, it’s absolutely necessary. You don’t know how to attack an enemy until you know about the enemy. And at your age you stand a GREAT chance at being healed so long as you know what the root cause is. And those studies are a great way to find out what the root cause is. 
  • Posted

Sorry I forgot to mention that I can't fall asleep whenever I want to and even if I fall asleep somehow, I wake up within 2 hours and then when I have stool in my rectum and I can't expel it since I'm constipated and my breathe then smells like poop. And as soon as I drink tea or something, I can then expel the stool in weird shaped form and most of the time I then have inflammation in stool. And as soon as the stool is expelled, my throat clearing problem stops and I feel kind of light. Doctors can't hear me out completely and carefully as their appointment is extremely brief. I need your help to try and help me diagnose it so I can help my doctor figure it out too. Thank you

• Posted

Get the endoscopy or gastroscopy then they can see what is going on. I am coughing even with meds and am worried about my lungs
  • Posted

Hi Merchase,

I've read your post,and some questions occured to me!

I'm wondering if you are often in stressful situation?

If you are thinking about every detail of everything that is happening in your life ?

And the last question is if you do workout at least 1or 2 hours a day?

• Posted

Yes I'm currently in stress but it's been happening for the last 5 years. I haven't been stressed for 5 years there have been great times where I had no worries at all still I suffered through this problem. And I used to be in sports but ever since I quit it I feel more sick and I'm always dehydrated my mouth is always dried(I don't have diabetes or hydrolytes issues). One more symptom I forgot to mention is that I have incomplete evacuation. I never ever feel empty and I have this constipation for almost a year now. What can be causing chronic constipation can it be h pylori or other type of bacteria or tape worms what can cause this please tell me and my excess gases can't evacuate from my body due to stool in the way and I feel so discomfort that I can't fall asleep the gas is always in the rectum but doesn't go out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.