Rash from our water in our new home?

Posted , 4 users are following.

We moved in about 3 months ago and that week started getting an itchy prickly dry red rash. After we shower it feels like we rolled in fiberglass. This rash gets red and streaky and then a day or so later the skin peels like a sunburn. I have posted pictures. Our skin looks like it has a film over it and is old and leathery looking. The clothes seem to irritate it the most where the clothing is the tightest. We thought it was the used washer we got when we moved in so we replaced it and we are still getting the rashes. We started using hypoallergenic body wash and the rash is still there. the community we live in runs off of a well so i called the water company and they tested for any bad bacteria or high levels of chlorine and it all came back okay. I do know the water is hard out here but not too hard?  We use an all natural detergent called ECOS. I thought maybe it was the hot water heater or maybe its the used dryer we got. We put a shower head filter on the shower and take bare minimum showers now. I have a baby on the way in couple weeks and we are both terrified to wash his clothes or give him a bath in the water here. We will be doing his laundry somewhere else and hauling in water until we can figure this out. Any Ideas?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi

i am suprised that you british enlightened educated people do not put your real name and your real picture? what are u afraid of in a freedom heaven like the uk? no ur photo not jr real name whyyy? and secondly you state " we " you mean you and your wife? getting same complain?

as a skin doctor i can assure u there is relation with you water. but give me ur history and more clearer pics then we can diagnose the illness

thanks

• Posted

Actually it’s my husband and I and I live in the United States and maybe feel a little embarrassed about putting a real photo and name of myself with ugly pictures of a rash.  I am 37 weeks pregnant and stressed beyond belief and don’t really need to be ridiculed by someone when we are just looking for answers and a little help. I don’t know how much more clear the pictures could get and out history is all healthy. We eat healthy and have never had any skin issues prior to this...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.