rash on left hand side of neck

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I started having a really sore rash on lefthand side of neck, it sore not itchy and it really red, when skin it stretched it looks yellowy.  Pharmacist said could be fungal as I am menopausal and have night sweats.  Using the cream he gave me it cleared up slightly, yesterday woke up with it really sore again and what looked like a couple of nettle rash lumps, these went down but skin burning and sore and today moving across chest area with raised bumps.  It could be a heat rash, but why only one side. Any thoughts please

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did you get night sweats before the rash appeared? I am asking as sweat can cause skin irritation, especially when you have tight clothing, which rubs against the skin. Try keeping a warm fannel over the affected area overnight and see if that makes a difference. Also, before you go to sleep try and make your room cool as well and if possible, wear light clothing and keep hydrated.
    • Posted

hi Chris, yes I did, which is what I thought, but it is only on one side and the skin feels burnt.  I will try the flannel.  Much to my husband disgust we have 4.5 tog duvet on the bed which is helping me to sleep and not sweat.  The skin also flaky and rough on that side so will probably have to see GP to confirm whether it is a sweat rash. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.