Rash on neck

Posted , 4 users are following.

My bf has come down with a rash on his neck that has been there for approximately two weeks. It is very itchy and is made up of small red patches that are only on the front of his neck. I have a photo but apparently this forum doesn’t have the feature to post photos. If someone can please help it would be greatly appreciated. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Manda - Well the first thing I would look at is...have you changed laundry detergents lately? Shampoos? Body soaps & then I would closely look at any new or recent foods he might have tried etc.  my husband has battled with a horrible rash that he gets all over his body & it is extremely itchy.  It kind of comes & goes, but he feels very sensitive to the sun.  He has been to multiple drs including 5 dermatologists & most just tell him it’s contact dermatitis, but over the weekend his face really got swollen with a rash & it is very uncomfortable, he went to yet a new dr & the dr immediately pointed out that his rash was in the shape of a butterfly on his face & it was determined he has lupus.  I am only telling you all this, because if his rash continues with no immediate diagnosis keep looking for answers & don’t give up - Good Luck!

• Posted

Manda when you write your reply, you will see a box to the top right, this has B for bold, I for Italic smiley symbol & the last one is 'upload an image' . I hope you are able to upload the image.

I also agree with Debra.

You could look at the images in the image library of the following site

https://www.dermnetnz.org/image-library/

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.