Rash on the side of the knee

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had this on the skin on the side of my knee for about two years now. It doesn't itch, and has been getting paler with time.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can you remember what it looked like 2 years ago? Is there a slightly raised hard patch under it?

• Posted

it was a little more redish, put never raised nor hardened.

• Posted

Also, my grand father suffered from what was diagnosed at the time as a very harsh case of psoriasis on his legs. I was diagnosed a few months ago with neurodermatitis. Does this matter?

• Posted

Well as it doesnt itch and the redness is fading, it is not typical of dermatitis. Best left alone. Obviously if more patches appear and its bothering you go back to your doctor. Not typical of psoriasis either.

I thought it may have been a subcutaneous bleed which is slowly healing but they often leave a firm patch under the skin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.