Ratlly Chest....

Posted , 8 users are following.

Morning all

I have been taking omeprazole / lasoprazole / gaviscon etc (not all at the same time ofcourse) for almost 2 years now for acid and digestive issues. I have tried to press my doctor for further tests, but they are very slow and I haven't heard anything for a long time.

As the title suggests, I am getting a rattling/vibrating feeling in my chest now and then. it isn't constant and it's not painful, but it happens occasionally when I exhale. this has been happening for about 6 weeks or so. I don't have difficulty breathing, but if I had to describe it, it kind of feels like loose phlegm that needs shifting, but there's nothing there. I do try to cough to try to bring something up, but nothing.

My question is, of cours, has anyone had this feeling/sensation before. And has it been confirmed to you that this is reflux related?

Please please ask me any questions if you need to know anymore. I really want to get rid of this

Thanks

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Carl, if you want to be cured of digestion disorders, please listen. I'm cured. And I'm cured because I take ONE Probiotic capsule a day. 50 Billion live cultures for critical care!  The stuff is called Ultimate Flora Probiotic. Nothing else is needed. I hope you listen. Go to a health food store to buy it. IT WORKS, IT REALLY REALLY WORKS!
    • Posted

Hi Jenny

It's funny you should say that. I phoned a health shop yesterday and they told me about probiotics and manuka honey. Together they are apparently extremely effective.

I am a little low on cash at the moment but as  soon as I have a spare few £££'s i'll be getting some

Thanks

• Posted

I'm excited to try this. I tried the probiotic Culterlle...but not really working...should I take the probiotic with the ppi for a few weeks before stopping the ppi?
    • Posted

I don't know about taking it with the ppi. But it sure helped my issues, I was so bad I couldn't even sleep at night because of the pain and discomfort. I'm fine now!
  • Posted

They are a little pricey. But if you put that next to the cost of medicine prescribed by a doctor, it's worth it. But the REAL reason is how GOOD you will feel!! I was in agony for months, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't sit up without being unbearable pain! I finally found the miracle of probiotics. It took a few days for results to show. But, now after 3 weeks on probiotics...I feel FANTASTIC. Do whatever you must to get them!

Good health to you!

• Posted

Hi Jenny, so these Probiotics stopped your reflux symptoms. I will buy them tomorrow.
    • Posted

Yes...completely! It took a few days, but by the end of the first week I was totally out of pain, and I can finally eat and sleep again. I got the Ultimate Flora, 50 Billion Live Cultures. For critical care. 
    • Posted

Thank you, i am going to buy it today. I will let you know how it goes.
    • Posted

I got the probiotics, 50 billion critical care, just started today. Ill let you know how they work.
    • Posted

Awesome Tata! In a week or so you're going to feel so much better!
    • Posted

This is great news if it works...I'm just wondering how does the probiotic block the acid...
    • Posted

It's not that it blocks the acid so much as it aids in the digestion of food. Plus, there was recently a scientific study released through JAMA that shows that probiotics do a lot more than that, and is actually the reason I became curious about it in the first place. I've had reflux, high blood pressure and terrible pain in my back every time I burped, weird huh? Well, this study proved that probiotics while doing a great job facilitating digestion, they also take a major part in detoxifying the body. In doing so, this takes the load off of the kidneys, which has a wonderful side-effect, it lowers blood pressure in the process. After two months on probiotics I have been able to cut my blood pressure medications in half! and now my back pain is gone and no more painful burping! I'm as happy as can be. I will take this once a day capsule from now on! The study in JAMA said that after four months a patient "may be able to get off BP medication completely" we'll see! 
    • Posted

Thank you! I get the pains in the back as well with the belching.
    • Posted

You know Dane, I told my doctor about those back pains with belching for MONTHS! He's an idiot! Lol...anyway I did NOT expect the probiotics to change those pains but they were the first thing to disappear, after just 3 days...poof gone! I hope you're going to try the probiotics. I've told so many people about them I've lost track of who said they would try them. As far as I'm concerned its a miracle....LOL. Good health to you!
    • Posted

I am going to try...I'm desperate for anything to work right now...I always have indigestion and its so painful...the omeprazole has helped a bit but not consistently...I tried the probiotic Cultuerelle...but did not work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.