Ratlly Chest....

Posted , 8 users are following.

Morning all

I have been taking omeprazole / lasoprazole / gaviscon etc (not all at the same time ofcourse) for almost 2 years now for acid and digestive issues. I have tried to press my doctor for further tests, but they are very slow and I haven't heard anything for a long time.

As the title suggests, I am getting a rattling/vibrating feeling in my chest now and then. it isn't constant and it's not painful, but it happens occasionally when I exhale. this has been happening for about 6 weeks or so. I don't have difficulty breathing, but if I had to describe it, it kind of feels like loose phlegm that needs shifting, but there's nothing there. I do try to cough to try to bring something up, but nothing.

My question is, of cours, has anyone had this feeling/sensation before. And has it been confirmed to you that this is reflux related?

Please please ask me any questions if you need to know anymore. I really want to get rid of this

Thanks

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have read that LPR/silent reflux can lead to asthma like symptoms.  Some of us have read Dr. Koufman's book and followed her advice and control our problems mostly by diet and drinking alkaline water.
  • Posted

Carl,

I've had all those symptoms, it is digestive tract related. The pills you are taking should only be the last resort for clearing up reflux, they are never meant to be a permenant solution. I was popping pills for years too. When you reduce acid with pills you are taking your digestive tracts natural way to aid in breaking down food. Even when Jenny refers to taking pro-biotics, which yes this does help for some people, but technically as human beings we should not need to.

There is only one reason you get acid reflux/digestive issues, and that is bad diet. Over time it gets worse and worse, until bad bacterias take over and disrupt things like the intensitnes, thyroid, tonsils, sinuses, inflamation etc etc. One of the main things that feeds bacteria is sugar. If you read up on the GAPS diet you will find thousands of people who have found relief of their acid reflux by eliminating carbs, sugar and starches for a certain amount of months until their digestive tracts restores itself to its natural form. 

I suffered reflux on and off for over 10 years, also have chronic sinusitus, but i have been experimenting with foods for that same amount of time. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that any food you eat that has been processed, refined will give you issues. When you resort to going back to natural foods, like fruit, vegetables, nuts, fish and some meats you will gradually repair your body.

the reason refined sugars are even worse is because the fiber is stripped out. 

There are days now when my sinuses are almost completely cleared up, yet a few years ago Dr's wanted to do rhinoplasty on my sinus where they basically go up and laser down the turbanites. My reflux is pretty much gone. The only time it comes back is when i slack on my diet and say grab some baked pop-chips which is basically starch, that my tonsils flare up and i notice some mild reflux.

My reflux was so bad last year that i literally had to force my self to get sick sometimes just to empty my stomach content. It has taken me years to realise that it was so simple. Mainly because we have been raised in the food industries idea that fast food, refined sugars and processed foods are natural, which is a complete lie.

Anyway, i suggest what Jenny said, get the probiotics. Even buy some fiber pills too, and also natural plant enzymes also help to digest food. Stay away from all refined sugars, starches, carbs etc for a few months and see how you feel. I can promise you all your symptoms will clear up.

Good luck. Keep studying on the subject, you will eventually find relief.

• Posted

I respect your post and hear what your saying but I tried changing my diet for over six months eating nothing but bananas, oatmeal, and chicken and all alkaline foods....six months later still reflux...my doc said sometimes the stomach just produces too much acid and it is out of our control...believe me I fought taking the meds for yrs but the horrible indigestion just wouldn't stop...I even ate celery (one of the best foods for refluxers) and still got indigestion..I hope not to be on the meds forever, believe me I HATE meds but needed some relief...
    • Posted

It's true that we "shouldn't" HAVE to take probiotics to be healthy, but in this day and age our food source is so compromised by additives and genetically modified we get no benefits from the food we eat. I now after trial and error, eat only organic foods. I shop at farmers markets and that helps too. But, probiotics have saved me! 😃

I'll shut up now.....LOL....Jenny biggrin

• Posted

I have now bought some probiotics. The 10 billion to start with. Only been a few days so early doors yet. Next on the list is the Manuka honey.

My diet has changed a lot over the last year or so. I used to love fast food but now my stomach just can't handle it.

I now cook my own food daily and use low fat stuff. My girlfriend is on a diet so that helps me somewhat.

What peeves me, is that eating healthy is so much more expensive than the high fat/salt/sugar stuff. No wonder so many people suffer with dietary health issues.

Thanks to you all for the replies. I will be seeing doctor again tomorrow to see what the next step is for me.

Out of curiosity, does anyone ever feel like the have a lump in their chest, right by the heart? It freaks me the hell out coz I get palpitations a lot when I feel it

• Posted

Yes, I get that feeling as well....all scary feelings in the chest as it is close to the heart...I try not to get upset about it but it is very scary even though I know its indigestion...and I agree about the expensive eating, my food bill has gone from 100 a week to almost 200 a week...a bag of almonds $8.00...now wonder our country doesn't eat healthy!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.