Re gallbladder operation.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all again, Had a gallbladder operation 12 Nov last year been a slow recovery but I get allot of groin pain on the right side of me quite often, have i.b.s as well has anyone else had this, thanks Stella

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had my gallbladder out Sept last year after 11 hospital admissions before i was operated on, I am now experiencing right hand groin pain that is horrendous but it's not there all the time, my stomach at night swells so much I look 6 months pregnant.

Hope you feel better soon .

• Posted

I also have a bloated stomach at night more probably because I have IBS but more after operation, I read somewhere that there is a nerve ending from the waist to the groin that is affected when the gallbladder is removed, mines not there all the time, the pain that is in the groin, but it lasts a few days then goes and then comes back, this is where we are getting the pain, don't know whether you heard this or not and it takes quite a few months to go I hope that this is the case and it will go for us.
  • Posted

YES!! I have always had IBS but it worsened after gb surgery.I take a powder 3x's a day and 3 immodium tablets every 2 days and this has helped me so much! Sometimes I have watery diarrhea but I let it go then start back to my powder and pills.
  • Posted

Sorry Stella I didn't have groin pain. I have ibs but since I had my daughter is doesn't bug me like it use too.

I hope you feel better real soon. I had my gallbladder out Nov. 11. The 12 is my birthday.

Good luck! Take it easy. Drink water and eat low fat foods. Avoid lefting.

Lori

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.