real bad health anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I been suffering anxiety and panic attacks since I was 14 I'm now 24 I also become agoraphobic for 5 years and I come out off that after I met my husband but my anti depressants stopped working on me so I changed them recently so I stopped going out as I become very bad with panic attacks and always crying .. but what I'm here about is I find that if I eat any thing with sugar in aka Mars bar my panic attacks seem to fade .. and I got constantly in my mind that if I don't eat every couple of hour I'm gonna die and it majorly scaring me . Always have a Mars bar with me .. why am I feeling this .. If I don't eat after a couple of hours I feel shaky Inside and iv been tested for diabetes and I'm not .. Please someone tell me what they think   thank u 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I say let yourself go 1 hour without eating then add 15 minutes to it each time untill you know it's just hunger and not death knocking at your door. Also I am agoraphobia please tell me how to get over it!!! Any advice on how you did it I would love to hear
    • Posted

I started by going out at night for months and then I slowly started in the late afternoon by walking to my gate .. a couple of weeks at the same time and then I little further and once I done It I'd reward my self with a gift .. and kept it going .. 

I do try to leave my eating to a little later but I gets to anxious so I eats anything and they il feel better it strange .. I keep thinking maybe there is more to it xx

• Posted

I don't think that is helpful a74156. It is clearly not death, so I would not even worry yourself about that.

• Posted

Lol, I know what you are saying though. By testing it, you will see there are no deadly consequences which is a good thing 
  • Posted

Are you eating a proper diet (protein, carbohydrates, fibre, vitamins etc) rather than just snacking (frequently) on sugary stuff ?.

• Posted

Oh ye I eat a lot of fruit veg meat .. but I instantly fee less shakey inside once iv have Chocolate xx
    • Posted

Interesting..... I would think sugar would make you more shaky
  • Posted

Hi Natalie, Well done for dealing with your Agrophobia. I think that you are addicted to the sugar rush that you get from the chocolate, and mars bars have lots of sugar in them. It sounds more like a craving for the sugar that you have. Try having a healthy snack instead like a piece of fruit.
    • Posted

Hi thank you for replying .. In my mind I'm scared if I dont have it I will die .. I eat loads of fruit and it doesn't seem to have the same affect on me.. I'm just so scared I can't carry on like this x
  • Posted

There must be a link between low blood sugar and anxiety, that's great because now you know if you keep your blood sugars up, you will feel ok.

Well done you for getting over the agoraphobia!! You've done it once and you can do it again xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.