really am so low now , depression has really got a grip

Posted , 8 users are following.

for the last ten days i have been getting more and more depressed what with the withdrawel of certain meds but the last few days are  now as low as it gets , just want to sleep now and never wake up ,the endless feeling of fed upness ,just feel so sad , the darkest day of my life , cant do anything to change my mood no matter what i try . to tired to fight anymore, hoplesness and despair , 24 hours a day just digging in deeper ,dont know what to do or who to talk to anymore , somebody have any answers 

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

in here is a very good start, also have you ever heard of Emotional Anon ?

Helps talking to others who have been in your same shoes. good luck it does get better.

• Posted

I wish I had answers, or could help. I'm staying depressed, and don't see a future for me. I hate you are hurting. I'm sorry I can't offer any solace. You're not alone. Maybe we can pray for each other.
    • Posted

im sorry to holly that you feel the same my heart goes out to you, i wouldnt wish this on anyone , people keep telling me i will get better but i dont see it ,i would pray if i thought it would do anygood but i dont think it works that way
  • Posted

Why have you stopped some meds?  Are you being seen by your doctor?  You HAVE to seek professional help...which I am sure you must have.  If you are still feeling this bad, you need to get more help.  You can't do this on your own.

We are here to help, you have our total support, but to me it sounds as though you need more than that.

This is your one shot at life, be sure of what you are doing before you give up on that one shot.  Things change...nothing ever stays the same. 

I will be thinking of you and waiting to hear your next post.

Pat.

• Posted

thank you patricia ,comming of 2 meds ,venlaxafine as it has stoped working and quetiapine wrong med , on very low doses ,  doctors wont give me anything else untill these are out of my system
    • Posted

Hi Terry....I am on Venlafaxine too, and I am feeling it isn't working too well for me either.  I had decided I would go back to the doctor  and ask advice.  It's such a coincidence that I had discussed this with my daughter just today. 

Keep searching, Terry, there will be the answer to your suffering out there somewhere.  Don't give up, you are a fighter, I can tell.

Pat.

• Posted

Hi Terry, I've tried coming off Venlafaxine a few times and it doesn't matter how slowly I reduce (even scraping bits off tablets) as soon as I get to 50% of my dose I get horribly suicidal. It's a different feeling to the suicidal thoughts pre-medication - more violent and frightening - so it could well be withdrawal symptoms you're experiencing. I was referred to a psychiatrist who told me I just needed to stay on it for life, and I accepted it for then but when I eventually try to come off it again I will insist on being referred for help to manage the withdrawal. Would your GP do that for you?

So sorry you're going through this, I really feel for you.

• Posted

Dear Terry

i am so sorry to hear that.  What meds are you withdrawing from.  Could they be the reason your feeling this low?  Can you tell me about the meds and what you are on or off.

lynda

• Posted

thanks lynda for your reply ,  i am withdrawing from 2 horrible meds venlaxafine down two 16mg and quetiapine 25 mg . horrible side effects , i never used to suffer with depression only anxiety but the last 3 years it has eaten away at me day in day out , dont want to feel it anymore , all the fight has gone 
  • Posted

In an attempt to switch antidepressants I had to steadily reduce venlafaxine with caused all sorts of horrible mental and emotional effects.  I eventually had to go back up on my dose even though I felt it wasn't working due to the horrible withdrawals that wouldn't stop.  I am now going to ask my dr for an add-on to venlafaxine to help with this depression.  Maybe you should go on some ssri or snri and if neccessary, look into adding aripipirazole, which is now available generically(Abilify).  Added onto antidepressants this I heard could do the trick..
  • Posted

Has anyone heard of ATMC, the Alternative to Meds Center? They use amino acid support therapy along with other supplements to aid in effexor withdrawal. There is a number for info. 1-800-301-3753.
    • Posted

I always took supplements even when on Effexor.  I withdraw after 30 years on anti depressants and 9 years on Effexor.  It is 18 months since I stopped and I take lots of supplements every day. 

Worth a try.  I don't think supplements can completely help like anti depressants, but once you feel you can manage without medication, then, yes, like me, take supplements.  There are lots of suggestions on line as to what to take.

• Posted

You are very depressed.You have to spent time with friends,involve yourself in some activity, keep yourself busy,don't keep yourself alone. These are the points which helps you. Try it.
  • Posted

Hello Terry.  Hang on in there.  I had depression for many many years, and it does get easier with time.  I just had to battle very hard.  Wish we could alter our brain chemistry as depression must be one of the worst illnesses ever. 

You can talk to us because we all understsnd how you are feeling.  Depression takes away everything.  Likje I say keep battling.  Take tiny steps, and I really think gradually you will feel better.  It does take time though.  I have no answers as to how you can get through it apart from what I have already said.  I took anti depressants for a long long time, but at last I am managing without.

Keep writing here for support and friendship.  I think it helps a lot to know people here are so understanding.

• Posted

thankyou for your reply , its avery difficult time for me at the moment , feeling sick and all the side effects of meds is really not helping , just no light at the end of the tunnel , physical as well as mentally ,  dont no now weather its medication thats making me ill or the depression and anxiety , just fed up of feeling so unwell 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.