Really Bad Anxiety Please Reply For REASURRANCE!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All I'm new to all this so thought I would share my thoughts and feelings with you all as this is driving me mad I first had my first panic attack in April this year ever since then I have had shortnesss of breath every day heart flutters all day chest tightness all day long which is awful but the one thing that worries me is the shortness of breath is it normal to still have shortness of breath after my first panic attack everyday??Ive been to my gp and had countless of physicals done and all said its anxiety by various doctors had my heart listend to and chest listen to and said heart sounds fine and lungs are fine but I'm worried something is wrong with my heart I'm currently seeing mental health team and been diagnosed with panic disorder but can that cause all these symptoms all day long? A meen were in October now and I've had it since April, feels like my heart has been replaced with a butterfly to be precise I also get weird pins and needles aswell all over my body and a shaky legs feeling please get back to me thank you

1 like, 15 replies

Report / Delete

15 Replies

• Posted

Me again folks just some details I forgot to add I am a 26 year old male plus also ever since my first panic attack I have noticed my breathing a lot more plus I've also noticed my heart beat more and also could my doc tell if there was anything wrong with my heart just by listening to it that would need further testing etc??This is driving me mad as you's can probably tell I'm also not on no medication for my panic disorder I have a appointment with there mental health doctor next month to be put on medication All replies appreciated thank you

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Luke look, it took my a year to get back to normal. I tried diazepam, antidepressants, was in mental hospital... but then i decided to take things in my own hands, stopped relaying on doctors, pills...I stopped googling about anxeity and panic attacks, took on running, tabata, sauna and trying to eat clean diet. I take melatonin for sleepless nights as it affacted my sleeping patterns. I live pretty much normal life, much healthier and fullfilling then before. In the wierd way I am glad anxeity happened to me. I dont post too oftten, only to encourage people its doable. I wish you best of the luck with managing yours smile

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yes and many more, rining in my ear, very bad digestion, heart rate 120 when resting, my chest was burning, night sweats, dizziness and many more, when through Ct scan of my brain, colonoscopy, hollter monitor on my heart ect, ultrasounds,many blood works..I aslo asked doctor to remove of my swollen gland for biopsy to see weather I had cancer. All seams so crazy now. dont worry it will get better if you start ignorning all the symtoms as you are feeding them with your worry...
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I started slowly as my body wasnt used to it 1,5-5km combination of running and walking every day, it was helpful in the morning when the cortisol levels were high. After a year and half I run 9-19km, 3times a week. I do tabata 1-2times a week. Its important to take it slowly and dont overwork yourself. Anxiety got weaker after 3months, and slowly dispeared in following 6months. I do feel it sometimes but its nothing what would bother me too much smile regarding the food...eat nuts, they are great for brain activity, loads of fish, turkey, leafy greens. Processed food and large amount of alcohol is big no.I find matcha tea great but its exepnsive, you Can try maKing smoothies.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello it all sound like Anxiety, your GP has had you checked over and this should have settled you.

You need to trust your GP, He is in partnership with you to take care of your Health, Trust Him and those who tested and checked your concerns.

If you feel the need of further tests, understand you are just pushing good to bad

B.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply borderriever just worrying as I have had these symptoms all day long for 6 months now had heart listend to and lungs by gp and different docs countless of times and said all fine but had no tests on heart lungs etc can doc tell if your heart or lungs need further testing just by listening with stethoscope sounds barmy all this I know but at my wits end bewilders me all this can all be caused by anxiety.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Anxiety can certainly do all this and more. It's quite amazing how many things in your body can be affected by adrenaline and cortisol.

I've ha all the symptoms you describe and more but I think what you really need to know is that anxiety can cause you no harm whatsoever. Yes, it feels uncomfortable and horrible and you feel that something is terribly wrong but that's anxiety for you! There is nothing wrong with you apart from feeling anxious. You cannot die from it, you cannot go mad from it, you cannot be harmed by it. It's just anxiety. You are in a nervously aroused state, that's all. It's not pleasant but the best thing you can do about it, is forget about it and get on with life anyway. Don't look for solutions or reasons or try to 'fix' it. Get involved in it as little as possible. Let it do it's thing, don't fight it or resist it. It's safe. You will be okay. Just let it slowly simmer down in its' own time. Good advice from Katerina above. Do it. Good luck and all the best x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Luke

You have found a great place. You have taken positive steps by seeing the gp, having tests done, and working with your mental health team.

It sure helps to have a diagnosis and you are able to articulate what you are feeling like.

Luke, you wrote that your first attack came in April. Think back...what were you doing, where were you, who was with you, what were you wearing...details like these we call triggers. So think carefully. what triggered this attack?

Keep your chin up,

kind regards

juditb

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Judith thanks for your reply and I havnt had any tests done I have just had countless of physicals done by my gp and various others doctors I've had no tests on heart or X-rays etc which is worrying me can the doc tell if my heart needs further testing by listening to it? I had a poor diet before my attacks but have complete my changed it around drinking smoothies and with lots of fruit and going for a hour walk a day. To be fair I have always had a axious personality my 3 year old son passed away on 1st Ferbruary 2015 my doctor and my mental health team think this could have something to do with my anxiety and panic attacks.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Any body else with any more useful advise please I don't want to make another discussion based on the same symptoms all advise and replies appreciated thank you

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up