really bad bloating

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all,

haven't posted on here in a while as *touch wood* things haven't been too bad.

a couple of weeks ago I went to a restaurant where the food didn't agree with me and had terrible cramps and an upset stomach the next day, and this has triggered off a bad IBS bout sad first I was having diarrhoea for a few days (didn't take anything) and now everything had just ground to a halt. I took a laxative last Friday which made me feel a bit rubbish but at least I had 2 bowel movements the next day. I haven't been since then and I am SO bloated - I look pregnant. I've kept to a plain diet over the weekend and haven't had much fruit and veg to see if that would help and it hasn't. I cant take more laxatives as im back at work tomorrow. The usual things I do to relieve bloating - massage, hot water bottle, mint - just aren't working. Any tips?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Once you start to get bowel movements again, the bloating may go away.  Try going back on lots of fruit and vegetables.  I had bad diarrhoea last summer from IBS and it took a week for everything to settle after taking immodium, stopping fruit and reintroducing it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.