Really bad day today.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just from beginning I was uptight.

I had that "drowning" feeling in my lungs even though all chest X Ray's and checks are clear.

I was a bit edgy during day and then I looked in mirror and thought my face had suddenly got really fat and I started panicking.

Then the acid reflux kicked in which has been really bad past few weeks.

Was on the phone to my dad and he said I was breathing really heavily and that set me off even further.

Every day feels like a heart attack.

The more I try to focus on my breathing the worse it gets.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Take deep long breathe slow down.mlay down listen to music.mhave you been treated for this in the past ?
    • Posted

Hi Hope

I have been treated on and off over the years with Xanax and stilnox etc

I have been having daily headaches as I am recovering from Bell's Palsy and that combined with post nasal drip and acid reflux I think I'm just completely floored right now and it's making my mind run away with me.

I told myself that my skin hasn't changed colour, I am not sweating, my breathing - though heavy - isn't impossible so the chances of a heart attack occurring for three hours with no skin colour change is quite slim.

I might try listening to relaxing music on YouTube 😊

• Posted

You're lungs feel like you're drowning and you're breathing heavy probably is related to the same thing, being hyperventilation. Slow low breaths. You probably dont even realize you're doing it, but you're probably taking fast shallow breaths because your anxiety is up.

I totally get where you're coming from, even on good days I'm still convinced I'm having a heart attack. But just like you said, results were clear. That shows it's in your head. Try to drink some baking soda/water, it'll bring that acid down within minutes. Cold water on your face might help with the panic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.